USB sound adapter?

frank55

In Runtime
Hi guys i was able to revive this SF E machines Tower EL1330 AMD ATHLON 2850E,after i repaired Power Supply but there is no sound due to integrated sound circuit on the motherboard being damaged missing components and broken circuit,everything else is find,it came with Win7 , already upgraded to win 10,now i need sound, i found out that i can get an USB sound card,will this SYBA Multimedia - USB Stereo Sound Adapter work or any other? i really don't want to spend much money,no need for great sound, just sound.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+Sound+Adapter

Should do, it's basic but works. It says it supports Windows 7, so I'm 99% sure it should work with Windows 10.

How do you know the sound circuit is damaged, and any idea how it got like it?

Should do, it's basic but works. It says it supports Windows 7, so I'm 99% sure it should work with Windows 10.

How do you know the sound circuit is damaged, and any idea how it got like it?

Thanks Joedaman; Well i found this PC on the side of the street,it looks like someone damped off a moving car,it was all smashed on one corner, i opened it up and checked it, i found the power supply circuit board broken near the rectifier i a few places,i was able to repair it,but the sound circuit has 2 missing transistors an 1 resistor and some circuit traces going to amp are broken beyond repair, but that's all it's bad, besides the sound everything else works smoothly,it came with win 7 no name or password and i was able to upgrade win 10 for free,time to retire my Dell P4,this one is alot faster.

I think i'll go with this one what you think?

Robot Check

I just ordered one of these on ebay last night for a laptop that doesn't have any mic input. It was very cheap and had decent reviews on Amazon. I don't expect mind blowing sound quality but the price was right.

i received the Sound adapter today and i'm impressed eventually i get better sound than if it were from the integrated sound amp,i have 2 speakers without amplification and i get plenty of sound,
and it was so easy,just put the adapter in the USB port turned on PC and voila good sound,so far so good,and it was cheaper than if i get a PCIx1 SF Sound card.
and it works great with Win 10.

Back
Top Bottom