Gas/petrol prices increase in Saudi Arabia.

Interesting! Kinda like paying customs for commercial stuff at entrance?

I heard there are taxes for watching TV (a license), owning a land and parking cars. Is this true?

Like, literally, it costs the company money to get the oil from where it's extracted (often the middle east), to where we are, so we ultimately pay the price of the shipping etc. (though yes, it is taxed a lot too).

And short answer, yes, we pay a TV licence, we pay tax on land, and in the majority of useful locations we pay to park.

Interesting! Kinda like paying customs for commercial stuff at entrance?

I heard there are taxes for watching TV (a license), owning a land and parking cars. Is this true?

List of taxes in the UK that I can think of off the top of my head:

Fuel duty (petrol tax)
Vehicle exercise duty ("car tax")
income tax
national insurance (pays for national health service and pensions etc)
VAT (value added tax, paid on most items you buy)
television licensing (funds the BBC)
bedroom tax (additional fee paid if you live in a house with more bedrooms than you need)
tobacco duty (paid on all tobacco products)
alcohol duty (paid on all alcoholic products)
congestion charging (fee paid for driving in the very centre of London, like a toll)
council tax

We dont pay 'tax' on parking as such, but most places you park you have to pay. e.g. if you park in a car park you pay whoever owns the car park a certain fee per hour, since most car parts are privately owned land they can charge you whatever they see fit. Parking on roads in certain areas you effectively pay the same sort of fee to the local authority.

This is why people who live here and make a lot of money hold it all off-shore :p

I'm happy to pay taxes on most things, the thing i object to is our questionable government using the tax money to bail out corporations and then enforcing austerity on us!

Those... taxes... *GULP* :eek:

Guess I gotta learn to sleep in the living room :p

I'm not saying taxes are bad really. It has its good side just like mostly anything else. BBC would show better material and public properties would be respected more. Public services do get provided by taxes if I heard right.

Not sure about the UK, but in the US I hear many complaints about.

Those... taxes... *GULP* :eek:

Guess I gotta learn to sleep in the living room :p

I'm not saying taxes are bad really. It has its good side just like mostly anything else. BBC would show better material and public properties would be respected more. Public services do get provided by taxes if I heard right.

Not sure about the UK, but in the US I hear many complaints about.

That's because stereotypically the British just tend "get on with it" a bit more than the Americans ;)

We Americans are vocal over not liking to pay taxes. Heck, we even fought a revolution over not wanting to pay taxes to the King of England!

Of course we speak English. We were originally British who came to America and started the thirteen colonies that became the United States.

Back
Top Bottom