I have nothing

Tried f12 it brought up the old window with the windows box on top, but this time I had the option of f8. That brought up the old list with 'repair computer on top' and safe mode etc. Nothing happened.

I originally had Windows 7, then not long ago downloaded Windows 10. I wonder if that is complicating things. I wonder if Microsoft could help me with this problem?

Okay jetsmell tis 10 pm here and it is New Years Eve so I am off to my neighbours to have a few bevies and see the New Year in. I will check in tomorrow but I very much doubt that I will feel much like fixing computers probably even using them LOL. So I will wish you and everyone else on the forum a very happy and prosperous New Year. Possibly chat with you on New Years Day but more than likely it will be saturday. Good luck.

I had Windows 7, then recently had Windows 10 installed. I'm wondering if my computer is confused when I put the disc in.

Okay Happy New Year. Computers do not get confused at least not at the point you are at or should be at. If you have a valid Windows 10 disk then whatever is on your hard drive, Windows wise, is irrelevant. The disk should boot before your hard disk and install Windows 10. To be honest I think it time that you took your computer to your friendly local computer guy. Without being horrible what you/we are trying to do is quite a difficult operation unless you know what you are doing. I really do not think that your knowledge of computers is sufficient enough for you to understand what I am trying to tell you. All this stuff is on the internet but as I say without some computer knowledge it can be difficult to understand. You can try Microsoft but I do not think they will be of any help even if you could understand what they are saying. But in all honesty I think it's either time for you do some serious internet research, very sharp learning curve initially, or take your computer to your local computer shop.

I agree with you about having it professionally repaired. I will do it Saturday. Thank you so much for your help. Have a Happy New year !

Yep same to you. I am sorry that we couldn't sort you out but when you get it fixed I would appreciate you returning and letting us know what was wrong.

I ran the computer in to the computer repair shop. It's currently hooked up to monitors in their intensive care unit. They will call me tomorrow to give me the results, I will let you know.

The computer is fixed and I will pick it up tomorrow at Micro Center. He said there was no hardware damage but it was seriously corrupted and will do a recovery.

The computer is fixed and I will pick it up tomorrow at Micro Center. He said there was no hardware damage but it was seriously corrupted and will do a recovery.

Okies dokies. Thanks for letting us know. Now your next step is to do a lot of reading on the internet and get to a position whereby you can do all this stuff yourself and not have to pay huge money to get it fixed. It isn't that difficult but there is a steep learning curve initially. There are plenty of magazines available and masses and masses of stuff on the internet and YouTube. If you need any advice or help you are welcome to ask on here bearing in mind that fixing computers over the internet can be difficult as we cannot see what you are seeing so confusion can reign LOL. Also time differences can come into play.

Back
Top Bottom