Help please!

BrynLadd

Solid State Member
Hello!

I recently got a new PC (about a month ago) and I have use all my space up in my OS Drive and I do have a TB of storage called New volume but all my downloads etc go in the OS but it's full! How do I change this?! Any help would be amazing thank you.:confused:

Last edited:
What browser are you using? Most browsers allow you to specify the default download drive/folder but it's often possible to specify which folder/drive to download to.

If you tell us what browser you use, someone will be able to tell you how to change the default download folder.

My best answer, not knowing the browser or operating system is to go to YouTube and search: "how to change location of download". Just tried it and you'll have plenty of videos to match you computer type. Take a look at a few to get a general idea about what to do. Hope this helps.

I have suggested this before to people but I use a program called treesizefree to analyze my drive and it shows me where the biggest space hogs are. Then I can either delete or move larger data.

You can also use CCleaner to clean up temp files and free up some space. As others have said, if you download a lot of files with your browser, change the download location to your 1tb drive. In Chrome, it's Settings > Download Location > Browse.

You can use the other volume (1TB) like it's a memory stick (albeit a permanent one...)
Just go into your documents, downloads etc and copy the files over to the 1TB drive (you can create folders in it with names if you want).

Also, as crazyman helpfully suggested, you can download the program called TreeSizeFree which will tell you where the space is all being taken up (if you don't know where the files are kept).

It sounds like your main hard drive is an SSD (Solid State Drive) and possibly between 30GB and 60GB in size? The idea is that you have the operating system installed on there, and any programs/files you want to open quickly and take advantage of the SSD. Then any pictures, videos etc you have stored on your PC you can move to the 1TB hard drive for more storage space.

Back
Top Bottom