What happened to Practical self defence?

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
As the title says, I have been wondering what happened to practical self defence. You see all of these people on youtube getting hurt, but specifically those whom where "trained", and they get hurt constantly.

Is it just me, or is our idea of defending ourselves being overrun by those whom try to teach man style fighting?

I was taught this. You never pick a fight. When someone wants to attack you, go for the weak spots on the body. What is happening that this fact has changed?

CJ I though you were in Uncle Sugar's Flying Circus?

I love watching brain dead knuckle draggers who think they got what it takes. It's hysterical.
I use the 1 kick, 1 jab, and 1 punch method myself. Works every time.
When I find an opening to kick your knee, I'm going to hyper extend your knee joint. When you scream and I'm certain your lungs are about empty, I'll jab two fingers in to your diaphragm just off center to your left, paralyzing your diaphragm for a moment. When you bend over to grab your knee, I'm going to give you the upper cut from the gates of hell. I'll either cave in a cheek bone or catch you in the forehead and give you concussion. If I catch your nose, you're going to have to have surgery to put it back where it belongs.
I don't play.

Using a stylized method of fighting simply tells your opponent what moves you're going to make and in what order. You might as well send them an email telling them what you're going to do.
I love giving free in home demonstration's to those morons that swing their arms around making karate noises. One punch or well planted kick to the chest, and they go down.

The key to being a good fighter is to keep to yourself what your game plan is. A stance is an advertisement of what you're about to do. Stand there with your arms folded across your chest or down by your sides. Let them huff and puff. Let them cuss your mother. You want them to get in that one vulnerable position. Slightly bent over with their face in your face. This exposes the wind pipe. You plant the flat of your fist in to the Adam's Apple with authority. This one punch will need to be the deciding factor so put your shoulder in it.
What it does is stun the vocal cords so it gets quiet real quick. It also causes the wind pipe to swell shut.
They can't breathe, they can't fight.

Style be damned. Being random is the key to walking away the winner.

Last edited:
That is always true.
End the fight as quick as you can. People say that man against man should not use different ability's, like that is some kind of joke. I will attack the knee, the balls, whatever the opponent leaves open. But these days, it is a "sad" style of fighting. Defend yourself no matter what you must do.

PS. to Setishock. Can I message you? I do wish to talk, and it does have to do with your forum...

Yeah but sometimes you want to get up close and personal.

Besides with a gun you have to worry shooting in to a crowd and over penetration. Some innocent may get hurt or worse yet, killed. I couldn't live with myself if that happened.

Neutralize the target. Protect the innocent.

Back
Top Bottom