HP 2509m monitor repair

PACRIMRAT1

Beta member
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum.

I'd like to know if anyone has any idea where I might find a serviceable/repairable power supply PCB for an HP 2509m monitor.

Mine went black so I made the assumption it was the MOSFIT'S and diode. I bought the parts and when they came in I opened up the monitor. I found that three gecko's had a party inside and fried the board along with all three of them. Must have been a shocking experience.

I know it's an old monitor and not worth putting too much into but it's kind of just saving face now. I told my wife I could fix it.

Problem with anything that is old in the technology business is that once it has been on sale and then a newer model comes out spares become become significantly rarer as time goes on. Monitors, laptop motherboards and computer boards are not made to be repaired and getting new, or even second parts becomes almost impossible. Not to mention the fact that these partying geckos have blown the PSU and there is no telling what else might have blown. I think you would be best off buying the missus a bunch of flowers and putting the rest to a new monitor. But if you really really want to pursue a repair I would suggest having a look on Ebay.

Back
Top Bottom