AMD is in the soup, again

Ok, so who is suing AMD?. And if AMD has to pay. Only 1 person gets the money and not the everyone in world that was mislead. Also big f'in deal? Your butthurt for thinking you really had a 8 core processor. I mean I get it.
But if thats the case. People should file a lawsuit against go Daddy for saying that have unlimited space, bandwidth for the cpanel hosting.
https://uk.godaddy.com/offers/defau...ype=p&ef_id=VkEbuAAABDL2fu5G:20151109221832:s (Sorry peeps, none of those are actually unlimited.)

I can probably come up with a 100 things to choice to go after.

Last edited:
Crackerjack I agree. I own an FX8150 knew exactly what I was buying when I bought it. In my opinion AMD misled no one.

Can't say i agree with you 2.

Crackerjack I agree. I own an FX8150 knew exactly what I was buying when I bought it. In my opinion AMD misled no one.

So you knew exactly that you didn't in fact get 8 core even though it says on the box? There is a word for that, fraud.
You pay for one thing, and get something different. So you would be ok if Intel started calling their standard i7 an 8 core cpu and their extreme series a 16 core.
It shows that in windows, so what's the problem, right?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I can probably come up with a 100 things to choice to go after.

Still doesn't make it ok in my opinion.

BikerEcho yes i knew exactly what i was getting. There were never any lies or fraud. If you did any research you knew these chips consisted of modules not 8 separate cores. I did my research, got exactly what i wanted. What did you want AMD to put on the box? 8 core integer power, and quad-core processor in its floating-point power?This AMD Slides Detail Bulldozer (Zambezi-FX) and AM3+ Platform Architecture
was and still is available to everyone.

They should have called it like it is. They did say 8 Core in the specs and on the box. So i expect 8 cores. As did the majority of people. Ofcause you can go double check it online, but it wasn't obvious to people that it wasn't a true 8 core.
Even filers in online stores includes the FX8000 series as 8 core CPU's along side some Intel I7 Extremes and Xeons. But ofcause you don't see the standard core I7 on that filtered result, even though that also have 8 treads.
And that's the problem. They are misleading people.

They should have marketed it as a quad core with new technology that allows for 8 treads.
Call it quad core with floating-point technology or something like that.

Last edited:
Exactly. Most people are not tech savvy like us so what they read on the box they believe. If it says 8 cores well hot damn, it's got 8 cores baby!!!

:lol:

You know AMD isn't doing that bad I think. I bought a whole bunch of stocks around 1.80 and its been going up a little at a time. It's a 2.45 today. I was thinking about buying 100 more. It could catch up one day and reach $10-20.

It's funny that you're talking about your investment in AMD stocks and you're running an Intel in your PC. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom