I need advice on a good Anti-virus, anti-malware program for my tablet

laure

Solid State Member
I just bought a "11.6" Nextbook Flexx 11 - Intel Quad Core 2-in-1 Detached Windows 10 Tablet - 64GB".

I want to get Anti-Virus, Anti-malware software for it. I want the software to be simple to use and I basically want what will protect my tablet the best. So I'm looking for suggestions.

I was looking at McAfee and they are having a $60.00 off sale. Would that be a good choice for what I should have?

Just use avast free antivirus, malware bytes free, and super antispyware free. Those 3 programs have kept me virus free for years. I use this trifecta on all my computers and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever. You don't need to pay for antivirus and thats the kicker. Free programs get the job done.

The best anti-virus is 100% free. It's called common sense. Know what to click on and what not to click on when surfing, what to download and install and what not to.

I personally only use Windows Defender and have had no issues, same as jarlmaster. I run malwarebytes about once every 6 months or so and the worst it ever finds is a few tracking cookies.

Well with realtime scanning, the free versions of malware bytes and superantispyware do not offer that. Those programs are for threat removal post infection and for scanning every once in a while to ensure nothing has gotten on your computer. Avast free does have realtime scanning and will block potentially harmful files. It is a full antivirus suite. It scans files that are running or are started by you or the computer itself, it scans downloads and ensures they are clean before they open, it scans e-mail, and it has a sandbox mode to open a file that could potentially be harmful but that you choose to open anyway. In the event that the file is a virus, its walled off from the rest of your files and can do no damage. It is then eliminated.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Also if you download these programs disable Windows Defender or they will conflict and cause issues as well as slow down your computer.

+1 I agree with Jalmaster in going with Avast and Malwarebytes...I use both of those myself.

Hi.
I have used several free AV software and whilst doing a reasonable job they did let a couple of naughties slip through. i now use Emsisoft which although not free has proved 100% reliable. It constantly ranks at the top of the AV software programs.
Regards.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom