Upgrading Processor | Suggestions?

It's all about maxing out your games man! Get that eye candy going to make console peasants jealous... or to just look at how far we have come as far as graphics go. Like the Witcher 3 is something to behold at max settings and boy I am happy I can max it out. Really makes the game better in my opinion when settings are cranked.

I recently decided that I'll upgrade to 16Gb of RAM. A cheaper option and I heard it makes a big difference in games such as GTA V and Just Cause 3

sorry to say, but you heard wrong.
more than 8 gig in games does absolutely no difference in terms of FPS.
Even 4 gig are in most cases identical or at least almost identical to 8gig in terms of gaming FPS.

sorry to say, but you heard wrong.
more than 8 gig in games does absolutely no difference in terms of FPS.
Even 4 gig are in most cases identical or at least almost identical to 8gig in terms of gaming FPS.

+1. It's all bout VRAM. System memory doesn't really matter anymore for gaming. I'd say 8 is the sweet spot for a smooth windows experience (I upgraded my laptop from 4 to 8 gigs of ram and noticed an improvement). I have 6 gigs in my desktop back home and I use roughly 3 of those 6 gigs when gaming MAX. I can run multiple games at once, have multiple windows open while gaming, etc.

Back
Top Bottom