Doesn't time fly...

not much in the way of case fans either there are just 2 very small fan grills for maybe 60mm fans or something but those would have been very loud I would think

Motherboard power delivery has gone up a few notches in that time too, cleaner and more aggressive power delivery means that even a heavily overclocked X99 or Z170 chip is probably taking less voltage and generating less heat than a pre-Nahalem Pentium would :p

not much in the way of case fans either there are just 2 very small fan grills for maybe 60mm fans or something but those would have been very loud I would think

That reminded me of expansion slot fans. Anything to cool that sucker. :lol:

I know i'm going kinda going out of bounds here, but has anyone ever owned a Commodore 64 computer. I owned one and also had a fast loader cartridge to load up the games faster.

I also wrote my own program so that when you insert the floppy disc into the drive it would load up a menu with all the games on there with numbers next to them. To load a game all you had to do was press that number and bam it loaded.

My favorite games for the Commodore 64 were Wizball, and Moon Patrol.

I though a 286 was the cat's meow when I got one. I was in nerd heaven. Had an Atari 800 and the 512 that came out a little later. Teasers to what I have now.

Now I'm playing around with Arduino and things like that. Neat stuff. And oh so cheap.

I was a diehard C64 nut. It was a fantastic computer and I wrote lots of games on it.

In fact I sold one to Compute! magazine. :)

Wow thats awesome Celery...Yeah their instruction manual was very easy to understand for someone who has never programmed before.

I also found out about the trick of putting a notch on the opposite side of the floppy disc and being able to use both sides of the disc. The only thing I didn't like about the disc drive was that it always went out of alignment.

That really sucked.

Time does fly, I've here for six years now and boy where has the time gone and where has this year gone. I still like Core 2 line, I still have desktop that I use running an E8600..

Back
Top Bottom