Upgrading Processor | Suggestions?

The GTX 760 is a fine card but it won't max out all the games. You probably play on medium settings or perhaps a bit lower on some games. I would upgrade that to a GTX 970 or perhaps a 980.

The GTX 760 is a fine card but it won't max out all the games. You probably play on medium settings or perhaps a bit lower on some games. I would upgrade that to a GTX 970 or perhaps a 980.

Any particular sites that have good prices? Even better if you can actually find a webpage with the GTX 970/980.

There's a good reason to upgrade to an Ivy Bridge CPU, USB 3.0 capable. There's something else that's improved on but I don't recall.

Upgrade to Ivy Bridge CPU and keep your mobo. :)

Bang for the buck upgrades are RAM and SSD as far as speed goes. I am running a 760 myself and am happy enough with it, but I am not playing cutting edge games, nor do I worry about running my games on highest settings. A 960, 970, or 980 would give games a very nice boost.

So... a minimum of 8GB of RAM, your games on a SSD (as well as your OS if you can swing it, either on the same SSD or a separate one), possibly a beefier GPU.

Back
Top Bottom