Paris

I don't see how bombing Syria is going to help when most of the people who are going to attack us already live in our countries - it's always been the same. the bombers who attacked London in 2005 were all from Leeds and Aylesbury

I don't think that bombing will help us mainly.

I think it's hugely disingenuous of politicians to pretend it helps us.

it's hugely disingenuous to say that there won't be "collateral damage" - by which we mean innocent people getting killed.

and it's plain naive to think that images of people killing civilians won't divide a nations opinions, and serve as a rallying call for anyone that was on the fence to go and help them, or to bring the war to 'us'...

however,
to my mind bombing isn't meant to help us. essentially we already "have" rich and fertile lands, and dropping bombs in Syria is realistically wasting what resources we do have, it'll turn the families of innocent people who get caught up in it against us, it'll help to "radicalize" people in our communities who do see the soon to be unfolding humanitarian crisis. and in the short term makes us all more likely to be attacked.

We're not bombing to help ourselves immediately, the immediate aim is to remove what is seen as a destabilizing violent and deadly force, in the region, which tortures and kills people there.

we immediately improve the life prospects of (whoever is left when all the bombs have fallen), even though there may have been a hug price to pay for that.

afterwards we hope to reap the rewards to having stopped a few training centers for terrorists, and hopefully have polarized opinions against extremes.

We need to be attacking the problem at home, the problem of radicalization in our own neighborhoods and countries - not bombing people 5000 miles away.
I think we may need to do both. if we only look out for our own, then once anyone who was sane has been either radicalized or killed, then Islamic state will expand outwards. - essentially like they always have.

(and referring them to a state is laughable, sure they may say they want a state, but they could never look after it, so far they captured huge amounts of land, destroyed anything of artistic value, burned anything they didn't want, raided all the banks in sight and neglected any farmland, so all the crops die. if the people building this state actually rand a state then they would soon collapse and beg the rest of the world for help!

I see your point, but they were all trained somewhere right?
how much training does one need to create a bomb? it's high school chemistry.

This thread started out as a sympathy for Paris thread. It quickly turned in to a political bullshit thread.
Why? Why can't you guys just say some thing appropriate?

You guys just want to climb on your fucking soapboxes and make yourselves look like asses. People fucking died. Why can't you say some like RIP or our prayers are with you?
Instead you use this thread to vent your political views. It's sad really. Have some respect for those who did nothing wrong yet were slaughtered like lambs.

I guess I assumed too much from the members here. All mouth and no soul.

Only subhuman bastards would do this. May you fry in the fires of Hell.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Paris.

You will be avenged.

ummm, you're th one who started saying things like you will be avenged, and calling them sub human bastards.

how do you think that they would be avenged if not with hot lead and shell fragments?

UK Commons just voted to join a bunch of other UN and NATO forces in bombing Syria. As someone who was recently at the front line of several protests against this in parliament and trafalgar squares, I am pretty disappointed.

Though I suppose it's inevitable. Though, 'ISIS' even said that France's bombing runs into Syria were the inspiration for the attack. Who knows how long it'll be until London is their target.

I was hoping after the mess of our involvement with the US in Iraq that we'd have learned out lesson by now. A moments silence for the thousands of innocent lives about to be snuffed out by the RAF in the name of 'justice'.

Last edited:
Had it have been on home turf and "collateral damage" was mentioned, there would be uproar, but because they're Syrians and not British, our government just don't seem to give a damn...

Why would we have aligned with the brutal regime that was Stalinist Russia?

(But yes I agree that we should be working with Russia now, not against Russia.)

Why would we have aligned with the brutal regime that was Stalinist Russia?

(But yes I agree that we should be working with Russia now, not against Russia.)

Well, we seem to have no problem being aligned or pally with Saudi Arabia.. I agree that the Russians were a bit... different and violent and all other kinds of things, but a non-war that lasted until 1989 seems a bit much

I'm sure that to a lot of people around the globe, the recent publicity surrounding the police and the US Govt has many people thinking the US is going to same way

Back
Top Bottom