I beat old Nicky

First, congrats are in order. Keep it up, and don't even have one!!!

Second,
DO NOT EVER SMOKE AGAIN!!!!!

I quit in April 2014 and was good for about three months. Well then one day I'm helping a friend fix a truck and it was kind of a b***h, so I figured "What the hell? One can't hurt!"

Here I am back to a pack a day.

Keep it up man, and best of luck!

I agree totally with iPwn. I first gave it up when I came out of the army back in the late seventies. I hadn't smoked for 2 years and then I met an old army mate and we went out for a pint and he came back with a beer and cigar. I thought what the hell one cannot hurt, how wrong I was. When I gave up again a few years ago now I was smoking 60 ciggies a day. And yes that first cigar all those years ago was wonderful and no doubt if I had one now it would be fabulous AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM. As I said the craving will go the fact that smoking is an enjoyable habit for the wrong reason will not leave you. As iPwn says DO NOT SMOKE AGAIN because if you do you will be back on them big time.

It's what I imagined, that one cig is going to be soooo good right?

It's the temptation and rightfully so that we must not give in at all cost.

It's what I imagined, that one cig is going to be soooo good right?

It's the temptation and rightfully so that we must not give in at all cost.

Yup. What you will find, or at least I have, is that eventually you will dislike the smell of cigarette smoke and if someone who does smoke stands anywhere near you the smell that comes off them is quite unpleasant. That helps to deter me at least. But I'm sure that if I have just one now I would be straight back on them big time. When you smoke yourself you do not notice the smell on yourself or on others. Also when I go into people's houses that smoke I think to myself that if they ever want to sell this place they would only be able to sell it to another smoker.

So basically keep it going and don't give up. It's hurting now I know how much it hurts but you have to keep going. It will get better.

It's not so bad but the smell is something else. My nephew smokes and I can smell it. I'm smelling what I ain't smelled before.

I cannot stand the smell/stench of cigarette smoke when someone walks into a room. I can remember my grandmother telling me when I was young if we didn't stop misbehaving she'd start smoking again.

Since I stopped smoking I now understand the smell of smoke around people that do smoke. I can't believe I used to smell like that. Also i can't even tolerate the smell of an ash tray. The smell is nauseating to me.

I'm really glad I quit though, Also i wonder how long it takes for your lungs to clear up from someone who used to smoke.

Yeah, we used to stink. :lol:

It's almost two weeks already and I'm breathing easier.

I told Old Nicky to get lost and he got lost. :D

Back
Top Bottom