Happy turkey day!

strollin

Knowitall!
For those in the US that will celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow, hope you have a great celebration with lots to be thankful for.

Ditto!

And for everyone else we share this planet with; we will be spending the day giving thanks for all we have and those we cherish; good health and peace to you and yours.

Ditto!

And for everyone else we share this planet with; we will be spending the day giving thanks for all we have and those we cherish; good health and peace to you and yours.

and... doing dishes. Lots of dishes.... :rolleyes:

Yes we have so much to be thankful for. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving, and enjoys the family gatherings. My sister and my Brother both bought turkey's, so we'll have turkey sandwiches for a long time to come.

And Janet, thats what dish washers are for...haha

and... doing dishes. Lots of dishes.... :rolleyes:

Better than watching 10 kids on Friday so everyone else can go shopping! :facepalm:

I will be doing our turkey in an infrared oil-less turkey fryer.

Hmmmmm Thx for the link!

And Janet, thats what dish washers are for...haha

Usually everyone just slides the excess food into the trash (ironic huh?) and puts the dish in the sink :/ By the time you get around to washing, you at least need to get the chunks of dried food off before using the machine.

I got handed a scrubber, a towel, and bottle of dishwashing detergent. Mom said if you're going to enjoy the meal, you can help clean up. By the time I was done with the dishes, my shirt was soaked. Fun times at the family get togethers.

We split the menu up among everyone so no one is overly burdened. I made two deserts, my wife made two casseroles, rolls, and sweet tea. My mother-in-law made cornbread dressing and cranberry salad. My mom made a desert and a cracker salad. Our daughter made a desert and a couple of veggies. My sister in law did the turkey and a couple of veggies. We all congregated at our house.

Yes, we had several deserts. Our family loves the sweets unfortunately. All of them were family favorites: peanut butter pie, Tennessee Mud cake, chess bars, and a Dump It cake (a no-mix cake with applesauce and crushed pineapple, yellow cake mix, melted butter, and copped pecans, frosted with Cool Whip once cooled).

Back
Top Bottom