Flash Player and Firefox.

pete.i

Daemon Poster
I think I have asked this before but I cannot find it. Anyway on a lot of forums, including this one, Flash Player just crashes out. I have the most up to date Flash that is available and it doesn't happen in Internet Explorer only in Mozilla Firfox. I don't want to, particularly, use Internet Explorer and I certainly wont go down that road of Chrome etc. I think someone mentioned using a HTTP player or some such thing but I couldn't make that work and there was no explanation given on how to make that work. So my question is can I make Flash Player work properly in Mozilla Firefox or not. To be honest I think Mozilla and or Adobe have had an argument and one or the other has taken a hissy fit so it, probably, isn't fixable. I am using Windows 10 but it also happens in Linux Mint. Again I using the most up to date version of Mint which is Rafaela. There are later releases but they are beta.

I'm using Firefox and Flash Player always works fine. It's odd that this is happening on both your Linux and Windows 10 systems... If you're dual booting both OS's on the same laptop and they're both fresh installs, I would feel inclined to think your hardware might have a problem.

Nope not dual booting and my Linux install is on a different computer. Funnily enough it doesn't happen if watch YouTube vids on YouTube it only happens if watch a video which is on a forum or MSN and only if I use Firefox. Everything works fine in Internet Explorer. (Edge actually in 10.) The only slightly unconventional thing I do is I run Linux Mint from a USB stick. This is an oddy and it has been happening to me for a long with different computers so I don't think it's fixable. But you never know.

Back
Top Bottom