My laptop died within 3 months!

Torx screws are usually used to stop people who don't know what they are doing from fiddling and making things worse. I am not implying anything by saying that. Torx screwdrivers are readily available these days in any car shop or do it yourself place. More importantly surely this machine is under guarantee? I will admit, though, that if you put into the shop under the guarantee they will lose your personal files because they couldn't care less and they will say (and so do I ) that you should have backed your files up.

Back in the late 80's I had a monitor that I wanted to open that was put together with Torx screws. I went to the store to buy a driver and the store refused to sell the driver to me as they said it was a safety issue to keep non-qualified people from opening the case and getting electrocuted! At that time, I had about 12 years experience as a tech working on devices such as transmitters and power supplies that had much higher lethal voltages than found in a monitor. I ended up getting the guy at work that ordered our tools to order one for me.

Now Torx drivers are very common and easy to find in most stores.

Yeah I took the hard drive out and took all my crap off it and mailed it back to the states a few days ago. I paid bestbuy almost 400$ for a warrenty. I should of came on here and asked about amazon and newegg warrenty. Because amazon had the same laptop for cheaper and a cheaper warrenty but I wasn't sure what about and stuck with bestbuy. I feel ripped off tho.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XRKSJGM?keywords=Q551LN&qid=1447852215&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2
The laptop is the same price but the warrenty is way cheaper.
Protection starts when your product ships and covers accidental drops, spills, and cracked screens
Covers 100% of parts and labor with no deductible; your product is fixed, or you receive the full replacement cost
Free two-way shipping, fixed in 3 days or
I think I should of got it from amazon instead

I call they say it could take up to 3 weeks if it's a bad motherboard (which it is). and I paid way more. Screw bestbuy man

Does the UK have bestbuy?

Last edited:
So 2 days ago my wife brought the laptop to the store and I guess it just decided to work. The only excuse the guy told her it was in the middle of a update which doesn't make any sense. Pressed all the buttons, slapped it around, tore the case off. When the power was plugged in no lights came on. But now after 2-3 week mail trip back home it works? I'm so confused. I know the power was working because if I plugged into those England style plugs the thing made a little spark.
Side note... Your plugs England are way to big. The only cool thing I like is you guys have switches on the wall to turn the wall socket on and off.
0005590_step-upstep-down-transformers.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom