Windows on a Mac or Hackintosh on a Windows PC

TheSilverBeacon

Beta member
For my setup I need OSX and windows, and want to know: Which would be better (I.E both functioning better, have less issues etc.) for what was explained in the title?

The best way is probably to decide which OS you want to be your "main" operating system, and then run the other in a virtual machine.

If you're primarily a mac person and that's what your comfortable with, then buy a mac and run windows as a virtual machine in Parallels.

If you are a windows guy, then run OSX as a Virtual machine in one of the many hypervisors available for windows. (Virtual Box, Hyper-V, Vmware)

I would guess you'll have less compatibility issues on a Mac, using a virtual machine to run Windows, as OSX can be quite picky about the hardware it will actually run on. So if you're opting to build it yourself and not buy a hackintosh ready-made, it would probably be easier to buy the Mac.

But... building a hackintosh is probably cheaper than buying a Mac so you should consider that too.

The hardware in the machines is virtually identical, don't let Apple try and convince you otherwise... they all have CPUs, RAM, Hard Drives etc... often made by the same companies...

Back
Top Bottom