Random Chit Chat

You know sometimes it's as simple as running ccleaner and findjunkfiles. It's amazing how cluttered up a computer can get just from windows housekeeping chores. Logs and internal backups can clutter up a drive PDQ. And windows is trying to keep up with all that. Reduce the strain. Clean out your system on a regular bases. It's not rocket science.

Good job. A friend of an elderly gentleman (I work on his computer every now and again) wanted me to clean his up. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago... and then work slammed me. I finally called him up and dropped it back off this morning as I haven't even had time to hook it up to a monitor. I don't think it is infected but rather bogged down with crap he has allowed on it. Maybe someday...

Thanks, I didn't mind doing it at all. Even guides on Google said to run Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner etc but they didn't detect it so it must have been clever to hide itself like it did.

You know sometimes it's as simple as running ccleaner and findjunkfiles. It's amazing how cluttered up a computer can get just from windows housekeeping chores. Logs and internal backups can clutter up a drive PDQ. And windows is trying to keep up with all that. Reduce the strain. Clean out your system on a regular bases. It's not rocket science.

Yeah I didn't even think to do those things. The session was lagging from time to time as my net isn't the best but was enough to get through. She upgraded to Windows 10 so the old installation files are still there but skipped over them, I'll tell her how to remove them.

I myself try to run CCleaner every week or so often and delete downloaded files that I don't need.

Another thing you can do is when you download something like an installer or a movie for that matter, shuffle it off to an external drive. I get things then move them to my NAS box.

Has anyone else here used Plex? I've been sick a lot over the last month or so so I had plenty of time to play with it. With plex I can cast any of my videos on the server to chromecast so things that I used to only be able to watch on my PC (like digital downloads of videos) are not view-able everywhere. It's pretty cool functionality for just $30 out of pocket.

Yups....thats the reply count.

I once tried to go through all pages of this thread one time, and after 2 hours I got tired and gave up. I think someone will need a couple of life times to go through all pages. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom