Very Weird HDD Issue?

I've used Seagate drives (and many other brands) since 1985 and have never had an issue with them. I have 2 Seagate 1.5TB drives that are 6 years old and still running strong and purchased 2 5TB Seagate drives earlier this year. I think if you stick with any of the name brands you should be ok. However, that doesn't change the fact that an hdd is a mechanical device and can fail at any time.

IMO, they're all pretty good these days. I don't think any of the drives I've purchased in the last 10 years have failed.

It's true! But at this point I'm just trying to go for the best brand to price point comparison! I have found Seagate to be tried to true aswell!!

It all boils down to opinion and experience of course but I have to say I do not know any system builders or techs in any of my groups who don't recommend only WD for hard drive use.

Last edited:
Try running chkdsk by opening the command prompt and entering this chkdsk /f /r C: and Windows will run it when the computer restarts and try to repair the drive.

Back
Top Bottom