We are in a rut

Wow that is awesome, having a mile range is so cool. I do like how you record with your camera the flight...it just looks so cool.

I saw a video on Youtube where this guy flew his rotor over a lake with a fishing line attached to the thing and caught a fish...it was awesome.

Yea that video made me laugh, the way he got all excited and took a selfie with the fish hovering by his head..:lol:

So a kid came to me at work with 2 identical phones. They both didn't work he said.
The first one had the inside of it's USB port ripped out. The second had a unresponsive screen.
He wanted me to swap the screens. Unfortunately i don't have a heat gun.
So i decided to swap motherboards instead (The USB is directly connected to the motherboard).
This was my first time doing this.

I started by removing the battery, 2 Phillips screws and 4 torx screws.

I then removed the black plastic shell. It was pretty difficult to get off. It was secured with multiple plastic hooks on the sides, top and bottom. The second phone was much easier for some reason.

I then detached all the cables.
On the picture i have drawn red lines that shows where the connectors were placed before i took them off.
The 3 green markers indicates the 3 hooks that holds the motherboard in place.

On the back of the motherboard you see what looks like an antenna. I wasn't careful enough removing the board the first time as you can see on the picture to the left. The antenna broke off. Didn't notice it was attached to it and I almost didn't feel it snap. That's how fragile it was.
Luckily i could replace it with the antenna from the other phone. (Picture to the right)

I then assembled everything again and crossed my fingers it would work. It worked like a charm.

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate it. Took me 25 minutes to fix.
I was thinking it would be an interesting repair to get this cool thread going again.
I am looking forward to see what you guys fix / upgrade next.

Last edited:
Very nice! Now what do you have to do to get the phone activated? Being identical the sim cards could be swapped between them?

Thanks.
In Europa non of the phones are sim locked. I think there is a law against that.
I can buy a random phone in Germany and it would work on any carrier in Denmark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom