Update on Parts List

It's a shame that the 300 series from AMD are using the same GPU as the 200 series.
They have tweaked some things and changed the memory chips, so it does perform better. but I was a little disappointed when they announced that. However they are priced the same as the 200 series at release. So that's ok.

wait, you bought RAM for 110 dollars? 16gig, right?

I have a list here that doesn't include a case. Because that's all opinion.
It doesn't have a optical drive ether, because why would you.

It only has a SSD. No HDD's. So it only has 250gb total storage. Feel free to add a HDD if you want (or upgrade to the 500gb version of this SSD). I myself are just done with HDD's... They are slow and noisy. If i wanted more storage in this world of online storage and streaming, i'll add a network harddrive to my router instead (Than all PC's in the house can access it. Smart). I just don't want to have them inside my 2015 killer machine.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Last edited:
Here is a short explanation on why i chose certain parts.

CPU:
I wanted you to choose a Gen 6 Core I5. The most popular is the 6600K, but it cost 60 bucks more and doesn't include a cooler. You don't need a 3 party cooler if you are not overclocking. This one doesn't overclock as well as the 6600K. So keep that in mind.
But this is clearly the better bang for the bug.

RAM:
Very good performing at a good price.

GPU:
Simply an awesome GPU. He is not gonna regret spending a good portion of the PC budget on this GPU.

MoBo.
Decent board. It doesn't have SLI support and only 2 PCI-E x16 ports and 5 USB ports. Also don't expect an impressive BIOS. But it has what you need at a good price. I did save a little on this one to add the GPU. Spending a lot of money on motherboards are only for people with specific needs anyway.
You can also buy this one for 45 bucks more: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

SSD:
The Samsung 800 Evo series SSD's are some of the most popular and best performing for the price. I have the 840 myself and i love it. This one is an improved version of the one i have.

PSU:
I changed the PSU on the list. Don't know if you saw the corsair PSU. I wasn't happy recommending it. It was on sale on you did get a good deal.
Problem was that some of it's capacitors were of ok quality... just ok. I know many of the forum members in here are very enthusiastic about PSU's, and they HATE anything that has Chinese capacitors.
This one has quality Japanese caps. So it's likely not gonna blow up... even though the other one wasn't likely to blow up ether.. but this one even less so :lol: . It's also modular and very efficient. The price is also good.

Last edited:
Here is a short explanation on why i chose certain parts.

CPU:
I wanted you to choose a Gen 6 Core I5. The most popular is the 6600K, but it cost 60 bucks more and doesn't include a cooler. You don't need a 3 party cooler if you are not overclocking. This one doesn't overclock as well as the 6600K. So keep that in mind.
But this is clearly the better bang for the bug.

RAM:
Very good performing at a good price.

GPU:
Simply an awesome GPU. He is not gonna regret spending a good portion of the PC budget on this GPU.

MoBo.
Decent board. It doesn't have SLI support and only 2 PCI-E x16 ports and 5 USB ports. Also don't expect an impressive BIOS. But it has what you need at a good price. I did save a little on this one to add the GPU. Spending a lot of money on motherboards are only for people with specific needs anyway.
You can also buy this one for 45 bucks more: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

SSD:
The Samsung 800 Evo series SSD's are some of the most popular and best performing for the price. I have the 840 myself and i love it. This one is an improved version of the one i have.

PSU:
I changed the PSU on the list. Don't know if you saw the corsair PSU. I wasn't happy recommending it. It was on sale on you did get a good deal.
Problem was that some of it's capacitors were of ok quality... just ok. I know many of the forum members in here are very enthusiastic about PSU's, and they HATE anything that has Chinese capacitors.
This one has quality Japanese caps. So it's likely not gonna blow up... even though the other one wasn't likely to blow up ether.. but this one even less so :lol: . It's also modular and very efficient. The price is also good.

Wow, will look further into the list later on due to study. However, I really appreciated the effort you have put into this for me. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Wow, will look further into the list later on due to study. However, I really appreciated the effort you have put into this for me. Thanks!

Haha, sorry but the link you sent me doesn't come up with any parts. Just the selection buttons!

AHhhrr shit. I'll have to make it again. It's not gonna take long. I can remember the parts.
But i'll have to do that later. I am off work now.

It seam to be working again. I think it was a temporarily problem.

Total price 854 USD excluding a case. You can buy a great case for 100 bucks.

It seam to be working again. I think it was a temporarily problem.

Total price 854 USD excluding a case. You can buy a great case for 100 bucks.

Hey, just checked the link again. Doesn't seem to be showing any parts... Perhaps it only is working for you?

Cheers

bullocks.

Alright, here it is.

CPU: NCIXUS.com - Buy BX80662I56500 - INTEL® CORE™ I5-6500 Processor 6M Cache Up to 3.60 GHz FC-LGA14C LGA1151 Retail Box - Intel - Great price and fast delivery

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK8GX4M2A2400C14 - Newegg.com

MoBo: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0131GA4VE/?tag=pcpapi-20

PSU: Cooler Master V750 - Compact 750W 80 PLUS Gold Modular PSU (6th Generation Skylake Compatible) - Newegg.com

GPU: NCIXUS.com - Buy STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 - ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix OC 1253MHZ 4GB 7.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E - ASUS - Great price and fast delivery

SSD: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OAJ412U/?tag=pcpapi-20
SSD option 2: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TGIVZTW/?tag=pcpapi-20
There is a M.2 version of the 850 Evo priced the same. Since your board comes with a M.2 port, you might want to consider going for that.
It reduces the total amount of cables needed by 2. So no SATA cables and no SATA Power cables needed.
Because the PSU is modular, you can actually run your system with only the use of 4 power cables.
Makes it all nice looking inside, also increases airflow ever so slightly. Downside is that if you upgrade the motherboard later on or transfer the SSD to another computer, it has to also have the M.2 port. So it's up to you.
The safest option will properly be the standard version... for now. i believe that the SATA standard is slowly starting to die.

Last edited:
bullocks.

Alright, here it is.

CPU: NCIXUS.com - Buy BX80662I56500 - INTEL® CORE™ I5-6500 Processor 6M Cache Up to 3.60 GHz FC-LGA14C LGA1151 Retail Box - Intel - Great price and fast delivery

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory Kit Model CMK8GX4M2A2400C14 - Newegg.com

MoBo: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0131GA4VE/?tag=pcpapi-20

PSU: Cooler Master V750 - Compact 750W 80 PLUS Gold Modular PSU (6th Generation Skylake Compatible) - Newegg.com

GPU: NCIXUS.com - Buy STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 - ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix OC 1253MHZ 4GB 7.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E - ASUS - Great price and fast delivery

SSD: Amazon.com: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM): Computers & Accessories
SSD option 2: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TGIVZTW/?tag=pcpapi-20
There is a M.2 version of the 850 Evo priced the same. Since your board comes with a M.2 port, you might want to consider going for that.
It reduces the total amount of cables needed by 2. So no SATA cables and no SATA Power cables needed.
Because the PSU is modular, you can actually run your system with only the use of 4 power cables.
Makes it all nice looking inside, also increases airflow ever so slightly. Downside is that if you upgrade the motherboard later on or transfer the SSD to another computer, it has to also have the M.2 port. So it's up to you.
The safest option will properly be the standard version... for now. i believe that the SATA standard is slowly starting to die.

Hey again, amazing list! Ill definitely be upgrading my own pc to some of these items!

However, due to Australian prices. The best prices I can find which source to Australia add up to around $1500AUD without postage. This is without a case, but with a 1tb Hardrive added. Unfortunately, even though I'd invest the money, my friend might find this quite expensive. I was wondering if it is possible to 'step down' a few items to drop a few hundred bucks! The graphics card, as much of a beast it is, I think is too much for what he is intending to use the pc for!

Are their any items which have equivalents for a non overclocker? I tend to overclock every now and then, yet my friend wouldn't have a clue what overclocking is! haha

Thanks Heaps

SSD's are becoming cheaper and will eventually replace HDD's.

Very true. There are even SSD's with 5 year warranties on them. Only WD still does that for mechanical drives, and only on their Black series IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom