Need Your Input On This Gaming Build

RELiG1

Solid State Member
I made a few changes, Swapped the CPU cooler for the Cool Master Hyper Evo 212 as its still of one the best for its price. Maybe also swap the CPU for a 390X 8GB which is $100 cheaper than the 980 and still keeps up with it and also upped the PSU a bit and swapped the EVGA for Seasonic as a lot of the members here recommend it. A fan controller isn't really needed and I personally wouldn't include headset and speakers but that's just me Intel Core i7-4790K, MSI Radeon R9 390X, Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker

BK, the PSU he chose are Seasonic made but what you suggested are much better so he's ok with either of them.

What about Windows 10 instead of 8.1?

BK, the PSU he chose are Seasonic made but what you suggested are much better so he's ok with either of them.

What about Windows 10 instead of 8.1?
Well Windows 10 is kinda buggy and has had problems. Id rather just have the capabilities of doing just fine on 10 WHEN it has been out for a little bit and problems have been addressed. Plus I think 8.1 is just fine for what Ill be using it for

I'm sure he'll do with W8.1 but I suggested W10 for the latest DirectX and OpenGL.

I'm running W10 and doing great but I've heard about some hardware conflicts with W10 so I guess I was lucky. :)

Both Nvidia and AMD are having problems that would/can be expected after a new OS release. Yeah Windows 10 is great and especially for gaming since DX12 is exclusive to Windows 10 and won't be avaliable on earlier versions of Windows.

Most of my day to day programs run fine and I am happy with it..

Since my PC is an older system, i5-3570 CPU, B75 MOBO and HD7770 VC I guess they were more compatible with W10 than the newer stuff.

I didn't really manage to cut the price down much but I think it was $100 cheaper. Keep an eye out for the Newegg email deals as you can always snag something cheap there.

I didn't really manage to cut the price down much but I think it was $100 cheaper. Keep an eye out for the Newegg email deals as you can always snag something cheap there.

I appreciate your help. Good idea on the new egg deals. I hope it doesnt take me till Thanksgiving to start buying my parts, but I bet Black Friday will have some good deals on something I need or could use

Back
Top Bottom