Toshiba Satellite P75 A7200 - Graphics Card Advice

RELiG1

Solid State Member
Hey all, So Im an avid gamer. I game on a XBX1 pretty seriously. I record games using my Elgato HD Capture Card. No issues in that department. But more recently Ive decided I wanted to start streaming my gameplay. Using Youtube and Twitch. However I need to upgrade my graphics card. At the moment Im unable to stream in high quality. I have to dumb down the quality of my stream in order for it to play smoothly and continuously without having to buffer all the time. If you're streaming in low quality, you might as well just not stream. So, I need to get this issue addressed, but Ive never upgraded any laptop hardware before, so Im not sure what kind of card (Brand? Model?) I should be looking at.

Any advice is welcomed
Thanks

Hi,
Don't get your hopes up, only a very limited number of laptops actually have an upgradeable graphics card. Even then, you can only generally put graphics cards in that have been available for other laptops in the same model line. Also you'd have to flash the BIOS in order for it to be recognised.

I've just googled it and I can't see any of those particular laptops with dedicated graphics cards, they all appear to have integrated Intel HD graphics (which aren't upgradeable unfortunately). If you need a better graphics card then I think you'll need a new laptop.

Hi,
Don't get your hopes up, only a very limited number of laptops actually have an upgradeable graphics card. Even then, you can only generally put graphics cards in that have been available for other laptops in the same model line. Also you'd have to flash the BIOS in order for it to be recognised.

I've just googled it and I can't see any of those particular laptops with dedicated graphics cards, they all appear to have integrated Intel HD graphics (which aren't upgradeable unfortunately). If you need a better graphics card then I think you'll need a new laptop.

Ahhh I gotcha. Makes sense I guess. Maybe my graphics card isnt the issue? I find it hard to believe that every streamer has a dedicated PC/Gaming Laptop. I mean if you want to be top notch everything like most of the big time "Official" streamers, then I could see dedicating a PC/Gaming Laptop towards it. But myself, like many others, arent going to spend $1300 (minimum) just to stream their game play. Because in reality 9/10 streamers will probably never amount to anything and this is something Im sure they're aware of due to the streaming scene being so diluted.

I bet I have some sort or FPS, bitrate, or something of that nature off in my settings. I probably just need to tinker with it to find optimal settings.

My laptop isnt necessarily old, I mean I have Windows 8. So its not like Im trying to stream with Windows ME or something.

My plan was to use what I have to stream. See how it goes. If I can get some sort of mini following, Ill kinda upgrade as I go. But I cant justify going out buying this and that for all kinds of $$$ just for an experiment more or less. Because most of what needs to be bought would only ever be used for that purpose.

Sorry I should have read your main post more thoroughly. If it keeps buffering then that could indicate some sort of network issues (or simply that it's slow). This could be your internet connection provided by the ISP, could be a bottleneck on your router, or a bottleneck with your laptop. Do you use any network anonymisers, VPNs etc, or using a program like Hotspot Shield or Hamachi? Some software slows your internet down too.

Every gamer that wants to play modern games at a high resolution would need a decent dedicated graphics card, so if that's what you're streaming, that's what you'll need! :)

Sorry I should have read your main post more thoroughly. If it keeps buffering then that could indicate some sort of network issues (or simply that it's slow). This could be your internet connection provided by the ISP, could be a bottleneck on your router, or a bottleneck with your laptop. Do you use any network anonymisers, VPNs etc, or using a program like Hotspot Shield or Hamachi? Some software slows your internet down too.

Every gamer that wants to play modern games at a high resolution would need a decent dedicated graphics card, so if that's what you're streaming, that's what you'll need! :)

My internet is 56 down and 6.5 up

I do not use anything you listed and my NAT is set to open.

I dont expect great quality and resolution, but I think what I have is more capable than what I have my settings set at

Back
Top Bottom