Set up Mic failure on PC.

mesuzmo

Solid State Member
Hi,

I got myself a Dell GX620 computer.Everything is working fine except my mic.i have tried to set up a headset with mic and an external mic,both mics are working perfectly on my laptop.

The tried to set up the microphone by going to control panel>hardware sound>sound>recording>.then it says SoundMAX integrated digital audio unavailable.I press configure anyway and it gives me an option the set up microphone.i proceed to say the sentence that it asks me to speak into the microphone and then it says the microphone is not being picked up.

I went through all the volumes to make sure the mic was not one mute etc.
So would it have something to do with soundMAX integrated digital audio unavailable?
Do i need to download a driver or something.The speakers are working perfectly.The line in says soundmax integrated digital audio default device with no jack information available.

I much appreciate any help!

Is the mike plugged in the green port?

The mic is plugged into the red port.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Also i went into device manager and tried to update the driver and it said my driver is up to date.Is it unusual that my speakers are working but it says soundMAX digital integrated unavailable for the mic?

Green is speaker output. According to this, the mic jack is red. It's going to look pink.

Read this. It's Dell's trouble shooting guide for your problem.

Microphone in Desktop Computer Not Working. | Dell US

Thanks for the link,i tried everything except the last two options with no luck.Is it safe to delete soundMax intergrated digital audio?Is it a definite that my computer will give me the proper driver information to download?

I deleted my soundMAX on my laptop before by accident and it took me a few days to find the correct driver.I'm a little cautious to do so.

Did you click on the speaker icon and look into the mixer?

When i click on the speaker icon i don't have 'options' in the upper left corner like it says in number one on the list.

i went in to the mixer and the levels are fine.

Back
Top Bottom