Gallery: Your Workstation

I've revamped mine recently. Tried the panorama feature on my camera. Of all the times I've used this, it only came out right one time.

attachment.php

Honestly what I want to know is how the hell do you guys keep all the wires in the PC nice and hidden. My desktop looks like a hell with power and SATA cables everywhere. The SATA cable goes from the power supply to the bottom to top is impossible to do anything with because they barely reach as is. Trying to plug a new device is almost impossible because all the other cables are in the way.

First you get a case like the Antec P280 that has excellent cable management concepts. Next you get a modular power supply like the Corsair AH850. Then you get a 1000 count bag of 4 inch cable straps, black preferably. The P280 is designed with protected openings in strategic areas that allow you to run the long leads from the PSU to where you need to go via the back of the mother board plate.
The hard drive bays are turned so the wires go out the back of the hard drive cage. This allows you to use the mid length SATA cables to get to the plugs on the mother board. You route them around the back and use the straps to tidy things up.

It's all in how the case is designed. If the case maker doesn't care about tidy wiring and goes for the starry eyed bling bling, then that's the wrong case.
Newegg has the P280. It's a heavy box also to keep the noise inside the case. It weighs in at a little over 22 pounds empty. Mine loaded with ALL the goodies, weighs in at 45 pounds. Quiet as a church mouse. Well worth the money.

Antec P280 Black Aluminum / Steel Super Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
Or directly from Antec.
http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704504&fid=6

The AH850 is no longer in production. Whatever you get make sure ALL of the leads are modular and at least 3.5 to 4 feet long.

I've tried to put the motherboard cable going thru the side back of the case but you couldn't fit the side piece of the pc chase on. It didn't fit. I wont be home for another 100 days or so, ill try to get my wife to take a picture of the horror

11951116_969889483074585_1310063779645193410_n.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. I don't have the best devices for screenshots, should still give you an idea on it though.

Loving this setup at the moment.

Looks nice and clean.
I know that your keyboard and mouse can change color. They ether have RGB or RB LED's.
So why not make them blue to match your computer or change the 2 top mounted fans to some with pink LED's?
They don't cost much. You could even change the leds themselves on your current fans to pink. That's about 2£ on ebay for 10x 5mm LED's. (you will have to know how to solder ofcause. it's easy though)

Last edited:
I like the variety of multiple colors. Keyboard can change to Purple, Red and blue. I usually end up changing colors a lot anyway since I can never satisfy myself.

I've got two workstations.
One is a dell dimension... with very mix-matched hardware. Basically whatever I can find works.
taLFhl2.jpg

My dad was cleaning up the house today and he needed me to move this computer, the only place I could put it was where my television is.
wiiaIFP.jpg

I've got two LCD flat panel monitors sitting in my floor, but I don't have an extra desk so I'm stuck with my TV for now.

Also, I've got that same speaker set but I'm not using them.
FBh820l.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

You can definitely tell my bedroom's a mess... I tried to keep it clean but I'm running out of places to put my stuff so it's basically turned into a storage room now.

Back
Top Bottom