Random Chit Chat

Gold dots and the options from hornady have been proven to work against the heavier stuff - or really anything else that passes the FBI tests for penetration then expansion.

Good stuff. I carried Hornady 40sw 165 FTX in my sig and Hornady 9mm 115 FTX in my HK USP. They're both replaced with Underwood now.

I purged out over 500 spammers at my forum tonight. I kept 7 that I know are real people. Don't expect to see them over there again.

I'm really annoyed about having to do that. The numbers looked good but the hassle of having to check on the place every 5 minutes to keep ahead of the spammers was just too much for me.

Whatever you're doing Draygoes, please stop. It ain't working. All you're sending me are spammers. Just stop.

I see you are running vB. There are all kinds of anti-spam plugins for vB, bud. Grab a few.

I know we use different ones but I don't remember the names. Any post by a new member with less than x posts that contains a link/image is automatically moderated. Any post by a new member with less than x posts that contains a word on a certain list is automatically moderated. You can set up a usergroup for people with less than x number of posts that sharply curtails what they can and cannot do.

Just some thoughts.

Damn, what a way to start the weekend. :facepalm:

You're doing a heck of a job keeping this house clean. :thumb:

Last edited:
Had a scare today. I was getting ready to go to the range when I noticed that I'm missing my Sig magazine. I left it there on my last trip so I asked them if someone turned in a Sig P250c magazine and sure enough someone did and I got it back.

Thumbs up to A Place To Shoot and the shooters. Good folks we have. :)

Good thing someone turned it in. Most people just keep what they find laying around.

I went to the zoo with my sister one day, and forgot my digital camera on the food bench table. I noticed it was missing, and ran back to the table. Luckly it was still there.

I wasn't really expecting to get it back but in general the shooters are good honest folks and I was counting on that. I was right. The shooters has a sense of responsibility and polite.

An armed society is a polite society is an old adage that holds true. :thumb:

I see you are running vB. There are all kinds of anti-spam plugins for vB, bud. Grab a few.

I know we use different ones but I don't remember the names. Any post by a new member with less than x posts that contains a link/image is automatically moderated. Any post by a new member with less than x posts that contains a word on a certain list is automatically moderated. You can set up a usergroup for people with less than x number of posts that sharply curtails what they can and cannot do.

Just some thoughts.

I boogied on over to vbulletin org and scarfed up Spam O Matic by Glowhost. Are you familiar with this one?

Back
Top Bottom