Random Chit Chat

I'd be praying for him if I knew about it. :)

I remember how sick I was with acute bronchitis. I thought I was dying for sure and I was sure that I left my body that one night. I may be hallucinating instead but it was peaceful that moment.

Wow man, I'm glad you made it through. Can you remember what it was like to be out of your body? That must have been very strange for you.

LOL, it was. I thought I died and as I said very peaceful. I left my room and tried to talk to my mom in the living room. No response so I went back and saw my body in the bed. That was the last thing I remembered.

Today I'm expecting a package from Underwood Ammo. First time I ordered ammo online. Underwood makes some hot rounds and I'm getting two 20 rnd boxes of 9mm 124+P XTP and two 20 rnd boxes of 40sw 155 XTP.

They will become my defense rounds. :dance:

You're right, those are some hot rounds. I've seen that copper round they have before from someone else (the ones that look like a screw). I'm tempted to get those but they don't come in 124 grain which I need to consistently cycle my Nano.

You mean those Xtreme Defenders? Yeah, the heaviest are 115s. I'd just use hollow points. :)

My brother came over and we went out for a burger. I told him about the Underwood ammo and I wanted to try 'em out so we went to the range today. I grabbed 25 rounds of 9mm 124 NATOs to take along with the Underwood, one box of 9mm 124+P and one box of 40sw 155.

I have an HK USP V1 9mm and a Sig P250c 40sw for the tryout. I let my brother shoot the 9mm NATOs while I shot the Underwood 40sw 155s. I left 5 rounds for him to shoot the 40.

After that we each shot ten rounds of the Underwood 9mm 124+P then we went home.

On the way home my bro said, "Hey, that 40? That'll put 'em down won't it?" and I said yeah, it's my new carry ammo bro. :)

My issue with most hollow points is the Wisconsin winters. The heavy winter jackets we tend to wear can clog the point and make the round act like a FMJ which totally defeats the purpose of having it. It leads to a lot of people here having a "summer" and "winter" load-out.

What other choices are there? I guess the Xtreme Defender would be the logical choice in that case. All else are JHP, FMJ and Frangible.

Back
Top Bottom