What type if motherboard is acer rs780hvf

So what about the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboardmi plan on using for my build it has a AMD A88X Chipset

Yes I have a new build planned

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YXQCRB

I plan in using 4x4tb drives in the future and eventually maxing out the ram and putting a better CPU inside it would be a media server and plex streamer and used for few backups and downloads

Last edited:
To be honest an Intel rig would be far better for PLEX, but, that build should work just fine for what your planning once you put a better CPU in.

Will you check the link again pls I sent the wrong one and changed it

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

To be honest an Intel rig would be far better for PLEX, but, that build should work just fine for what your planning once you put a better CPU in.

I will look into Intel as well then before I commit unless you fancy making a same spec one and sending it to me for around the same price cheaper is better there's always room for upgrades

and my main use for it would be a data file server like a nas for Kodi to access and ocasional use of plex to certain devices some not needing transcoding and for backups and downloads but yes I am planning on upgrading the system later on just get it in my house for cheap and upgrade after heck I would have a spare CPU once I upgrade for my htpc when a build one

I don't see any problems with the current build aside from being a bit low on RAM, should really aim for 8GB, 4 is just a little on the low side these days. So at least consider getting a 2x4GB DDR3 kit if possible.

If you go with Intel you have the option of upgrading to an i5 or i7 (far better for transcoding, and more efficient overall) later on... Personally I would pick a Pentium G3258 with an ASRock H97M Pro4 The G3258 is a rather powerful little chip to be honest, it's what I use as of right now, and plan to eventually upgrade to an i7. But, going this route is also slightly more costly upfront, but you do have the higher processing efficiency.

If you are afraid of the ASRock name, don't be, they are owned by ASUS, and put out really nice motherboards.

If I stuck with a AMD build I would possibly upgrade to a AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad-Core Processor and yes I wanted 8gb 2x4 or 2x8gb only one with 4gb for cost like a say there's always room for more upgrades down the road maby max not trike the sticks would go to waste

And I will have a look at an Intel build soon

Do you no anything bad specifically about the parts I have chosen quick to fail and things or things a might have trouble with I have never built a computer from start to finish stripped and fixed loads

Last edited:
Hmm, the only difficult part is making sure you don't bend the pins on the CPU... As long as you line the pins up and don't use force there you should be good. AFAIK, no issues with the parts - but bad parts happen, so be prepared to troubleshoot any issues and request a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom