windows live mail

billozz

In Runtime
hi
can anyone help please i have an account with virgin media and receive emails to that account, but i view thm in windows live mail, the trouble is the emails keep disappearing, sent items disappear from the sent folder, ans saved amils dont even appear in the saved mail folder
thanks
Bill

Do you know if you have WLM setup to receive emails via POP3 or IMAP? Also, is WLM the only client/device that is pulling mail from this account, or do you have something else that also is accessing it? If so it's possible that the other device is marking emails read or deleted before you have a chance to view them in WLM.

And I've found that a lot of people have had these kinds of problems when using POP3 and I recommend using IMAP these days.

crazyman thanks for the reply its set up as pop3, i dont have anything else pulling mail from the account. can you tell me how i change it to imap please

I believe this page is what you're after. Step by step guide to setting up virgin media with IMAP in Live Mail.

The benefit is that unlike POP3, which downloads (and then often deletes) emails from the server, IMAP just displays the emails to you as they are on the virgin servers. Any changes you make to emails such as read/move/delete in WLM will be updated in real time on the virgin server.

Back
Top Bottom