history.com goes to history.ca

freedom_chuck

Baseband Member
Hi, folks,
when I click a link in my history.com email, since I upgraded to ios9, instead of going to the topic (which is in history.com) it goes to history.ca and the topic i clicked on is nowhere to be seen.
In case you haven't guessed, I'm in Canada.

Is there a way I can go to history.com?

Thanks you

It's ether the webpage or the app itself that redirects you to the Canadian version of the webpage.
Go to the app settings and see if you can change something that will make it think you are in the US, or maybe there is an option on your account online on history.ca that can be changed to fix it.

It's ether the webpage or the app itself that redirects you to the Canadian version of the webpage.
Go to the app settings and see if you can change something that will make it think you are in the US, or maybe there is an option on your account online on history.ca that can be changed to fix it.

Thanks, BikerEcho
I'll try it.

It may have something to do with copyright, ie, not wanting to do business in Canada.

If you are located in Canada, the History website it self is doing a forced redirect based upon your IP address using a type of Java Scripting... Can't really get around it. I would say it's due to license agreements due to the website offering video, and bypassing that, or giving information on how to circumvent their measures isn't allowed in the rules (AFAIK).

I would say you may have had a program on the device before that blocked such redirects, but that it was removed with the install of iOS9... Not really too sure. Are you using the History App it self, or the browser? If using the browser, have you tried a different once to see if the redirect still occurs?

Thanks again for your reply, CORROSIVETF. I'm getting emails from history.com. When i tap on links Safari and Chrome both go to history.ca and something totally unrelated to the original link.

Back
Top Bottom