So much for Corsair's good name!

Re: Corsair psu exploded!

I have a CX 750 in my system and its doing fine :) been going on for around a year and a half now

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Computer Forums mobile app

Re: Corsair psu exploded!

I have a CX 750 in my system and its doing fine :) been going on for around a year and a half now

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Computer Forums mobile app

That's good to hear, just hoping it was a random dud, I had a cheap CIT 750w in my computer for a couple of years, it still worked after the Corsair blew up, I was going to sell the cheap one, but now decided since I'll probably only get £15 if I'm lucky, it's probably worth keeping it in my spares box upstairs just in case.

I will only say this... Amazon is riddle with a ton of knockoff or refurb equipment that's marked as original and new.... They have become just as bad as ebay about that.

I only get stuff from Newegg or a local computer shop. Since this town doesn't have a shop that's worth a flip, it's Newegg.

I don't get it unless it's sold and shipped by Newegg. I had a run in with a bad camera from a dealer on there and that queered that. I know where of you speak.

What is the power like to your house? Like all electricals, PSUs have very slim operating limits in terms of voltage(230V for the UK versions, 220V/230V for all other EU countries, 110V for the USA etc). Is it possible that the power spiked or sagged going into the PSU?

It's well known that brownouts or spikes in power can cause PSUs to go bang, that's why you'll never find a server with less than 2 seperate independent PSUs, and probably at least one power conditioner and/or UPS :)

Anyhoo, half of the componentry in my PC is corsair (Case, cooler, memory, fans) and they've all been rock solid. I've used a lot of CX and RM PSUs recently in builds and not had a DOA or a quick fail unit. Had loads of Corsair units going back as early as 2009/2010 and they've always stayed strong... but I have a power conditioner :p

Last edited:
Corsair as a brand annoys me as someone else said they make nothing themselves and for many years their psus were made by Seasonic, probably the best maker out there. But they keep their brand loyalty long enough to get a good reputation and then swich out to junk makers. However the CX line was never any good as it was never made by Seasonic but rather by CWT who now makes almost all of their line.

I don't know where you get your information but this is 110% incorrect. :mad::banghead::horse:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Genu...qid=1442544245&sr=8-4&keywords=iphone+charger

Yep, that sure is a legitimate 100% apple charger. Sorry buddy, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there is a lot of scammers going around on Amazon. Ever take a look at the cheap hard drives? They label them as new, and they tend to in fact be pulled drives that aren't even verified as healthy. Granted, Amazon has been closing the companies accounts selling those disks, they pop up at least once every other month under aa new name selling used products as brand new with warranties that don't exist anymore.

Next time you try to call me out on something, I suggest taking an actual look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom