Seriosly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gary and I will accept your request...;)

Ok people, i'm a complete idiot. I just clicked on my friends list and it's showing 9 people. I was looking at my list that shows your buddy's on-line and thought that was my friends list.

DERP!!

Gary, we need to get together and jam on our guitars. :cool:

I know you mean well and a good man. Congrats on beating that demon for 11 years so far. :thumb:

Take it easy and relax. This forum is for the folks from fours corners of the world and we are going to have our differences. I didn't say to toughen up but to have a tough skin where things just bounces off of you. That's the only way you're going to survive on the net.

As to friendship requests I find it rude not to accept them so really it doesn't make a difference as we are all friends here. I appreciate your requests and I gladly accept them. :)

Last edited:
Hi friends! I knew my day and my spirits would brighten up. You all have made my day and you don't know how much I appreciate your replies. I wasn't looking for sympathy, but support and you all gave me that, and made my day very special.
Thanks mixx, Draygoes,Celery. You are truly special in this old man's heart. Thank you NikonGuy for not posting. Tell me again about your religious believes NikonGuy that teaches you to love and for give one another!
Gary!

Last edited:
Glad to help friend. You have nothing to worry about here. :)
Thanks Jerry! Now I know what true friends really are. I don't understand anyone being proud to say they don't request friendships or care about them here, different strokes for different fokes.;)
Thank you for making my day friend!
Gary!

I don't understand anyone being proud to say they don't request friendships or care about them here

It's because we don't need a confirmed number to indicate that someone is our friend. I'd call root my friend yet we haven't sent friend requests to each-other. Speaking just for myself, I don't feel there's a need to.

Hi celegrom! I'm not asking you to change the way you except friendships here on the forum. The way I do it, makes me feel good and you can truly see I have some great and true friends here. and also on Techist. I invited you and your friend root to be my friend. You did not except and that's not a problem for me. I invited Janet and she excepted. You can see my friends list by visiting my profile. I also invited seti, but he did not except, but posted on this thread. Not sure where that friendship is going. Some times seems good and next time, I'm really not sure.
The bottom line is that my friends are my life and what I live for!
Thanks for your reply!
When you're a survivor, your friends become even more important to you and life also takes on a different meaning. Last check up, I was cancer free. This same cancer took my fathers life in his early 40ties. I'm 77 and still kicking!
Gary!
PS cancer is a terrible thing. I have lost 3 real good friends in the last year. They were diagnosed to late. My advise to every one. Get check ups regularly. If found early you have a chance. I'm only half full of it because they took out half my colon.LOL

Here is my list of reasons I have an issue with you.

1: Every time someone needs a day to themselves, you start going off on how boring this forum is. As soon as someone posts, you say how amazing this forum is, and then back to how boring it is.

2: It always has to be your way.

3: I had it a couple times where you said something, then I said something else to that, you then agreed with me, then someone else says something disagreeing with me, and you go and tell them that's what you were trying to tell me. You change your opinion to fit the person you like most. For example on the sept 23rd date. First you say it's all bs and you don't agree with your daughter, then after I start posting you basically changed your mind on the whole thing, just to be in agreement with someone.

4: This relates to #3. You will agree with anyone to best suit your needs. You can be totally against something 1 second, but if say celery disagreed, you would then be in total agreement with celery.

5: The amount of times you say you're 77 is just odd. You know who does that? people that aren't actually 77. People who fake their identity repeat their age over and over just like you do. I am NOT saying you are fake, i'm just saying fake people do this, and I find that odd.

6: Your whole friends are my life thing because of cancer speeches are another thing fake people do. You have never even heard these guys's voices! It's the internet! Anyone who is 77 years old should know that you cannot trust every single person on the net. How can you say you'd give your life for one of these guys because they are your friend? For all you know when you were in the navy one of these guys could have killed a friend of yours, you just simply don't know. You know why I could give my life for any of these guys? Because all of you people are more important than me, and if I could save one of your lives by eating a bullet, I would, because my life is not more important than anyone elses here, even seti's, and even if some of you aren't my friend.

7: You will rather kiss ass to someone to stay friends, than disagree with them. let me tell you something a 77 year old should know. Even with your best friends in the whole world, you should be able to disagree. if you disagree and they unfriend you, they were never a friend to begin with.

I cannot trust anything you say, any opinion you give, because it WILL change the second anyone you like says something else, no matter how opposite it is.

I'm honestly not trying to be rude, I want to help you realize what's going on. You say you don't want any sympathy, but yet this is the EXACT type of thread someone seeking sympathy makes. Of all the forums I have visited, it's always been kids who come up with threads looking like this, complaining about people who don't like you. Seriously. You say you were in the navy, Ok, I won't deny that, I don't know you so for all I know you were. But having been in the navy, you certainly should know, not everyone likes everyone

These are only a few of my issues. My point is, not everyone has to like everyone. I have no issue just leaving you be, but when you hijack threads specifically to whine about not enough posting, or the merger, that's when it's just too much. I don't even care about off topic, but stop complaining about someone not posting! As others have said, there is a such thing as trying too hard. And I write this post with respect, not trying to be rude, but just saying how it is.

Wow... And I thought my post was blunt...

For what it's worth. I don't recall receiving a friendship request. But I also browse a lot on my phone so that makes it difficult to respond to features properly. If I have a request I would usually respond in the affirmative...

I suspect that this thread has probably run its course. But if anyone else feels the need to reply then can we try to keep it civil/polite etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom