Seriosly

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Banned
Hi friends seriously, I have problems on every help forum I have ever registered on. You have convinced me that it's all my fault and that I can't get along on help forums.
Franky I don't give a big xxxx any more. I have tried my best to make a hand here. I love this forum, but it seems that every thing I do is wrong and I'm really tired of fighting the establishment. I really hope that the merger is a success. Janet and Andy seem like good people and I wishing them the very best. I have tried my best to get members to register on both the forums and get to know each other. Probably been to pushy and for that, I'm very sorry. I really meant well and I'm sorry if that offended members on both forums. I'm just a old country boy that loves people and I wear my heart on my sleeve. What you see is what you get. I have tried my damn est to make a hand here, but I'm really tired of trying and at this point I don't give a big XXXX. I look at the members who find fault with me. They have 3 friends. I have 16!
My good friend Celery tells me I need to be tough. I try hard to listen to him, but I'm just not good at being tough!
I'm thinking help forums are not my thing. I take things that are said to seriously. That's just the way I am. I know I'll feel differently tomorrow, but tonight your negative comments have really put me in the dumps.
If you think I'm looking for sympathy; you are very badly mistaken.
The facts are, I'm really XXXXXX. I'm a 11 year cancer survivor and unless you have been there, you don't really know how very much about life, and that give up is not in our vocabulary. I have faced death and I won. I'm not giving up my friends. I'm just pXXXEXX off! I was hoping this forum was different. I still believe it is different, but the cards are still out.
Now I'll chill out. I've had my rant!:hide:
Gary!

Last edited:
This is seriously a thread? The "friends" list is an arbitrary feature that not everyone uses. Heck, I probably wouldn't have anyone on my friends list here if they didn't send the invite because I typically don't. And it's not because I don't have any friends it's because I don't need a list to tell me how many I have.

Just because you have 16 people who said "yeah, I'll accept this invite" doesn't mean you're more liked than they are.

Hi friends seriously, I have problems on every help forum I have ever registered on. You have convinced me that it's all my fault and that I can't get along on help forums.
Firstly, whilst I'm not "victim blaming" maybe, (just maybe) actually you can't get along on forums, I know that's a pretty crappy thing to say to a guy, but just the same as not everyone in the world gets along with everyone else, just as you won't like everyone that you meet, just as there are some people who don't get along well in big groups, and just as there are some people who don't get along in small groups:

online tech support forums are not the place where everyone can thrive and build wonderful friendships.

Franky I don't give a big xxxx any more.
which is probably going to be the first step towards fitting in to an online community.
I have tried my best to make a hand here. I love this forum, but it seems that every thing I do is wrong and I'm really tired of fighting the establishment.
don't you think that maybe that is a part of the problem, that you are trying to hard. sure, not everyone can resign to not care any more.

but since coming here you've done a lot of telling people that there is a problem here.
you've told people how they should be posting
told people how they should make threads to appear in (very specific) google searches.
you've told people that they should be your friends. (I don't have any friends here either, and I've been on this forum almost everyday for more than a decade!)
you've followed a particular (crotchety old man member) telling him how he should get more sunshine, I'm not sure I'll ever understand how and why it is that people get it into their minds that following someone around on an internet forum seemingly trying to annoy them is a good idea...

I'm not going to go and list everything you've done as if it's a fault or something to improve on. but honestly my impression of you is that you don't really want to fit into this forum, you want this forum to fit you.

you've said this of other forums, (like how you got banned from a malware forum after posting in lots of other peoples threads asking questions, rather than starting your own threads, and seemed hell bent on questioning their "tuition" programs to do what they considered properly training people.

do you see how there is a difference between coming to a place and liking a place, and coming to a place and trying to change a place so that you like it.

I have tried my best to get members to register on both the forums and get to know each other.
see, here's the thing, that is commendable, and it is great that we've got members like you who do care about the forums, but it's really not your job to push people to register in different places. and when people see you joined last month, (well two months ago now) telling them they should do things, it's pretty natural that they should question what this new member is up to.

They have 3 friends. I have 16!
I believe I have none. I don't use that feature, most people don't use that feature. you may be putting too much stock in that feature.

My good friend Celery tells me I need to be tough. I try hard to listen to him, but I'm just not good at being tough!
you either need to be tough, or you need to not care. that's not particular to technical forums, it's how most of the internet is... (though I think it's fair to say that we could (and probably should) be better here...

I have had my rant! I have no further comment other then this. I befriended some members here because I love people and they love me back. Some I invited and some invited me. When I say you are my friend, that means I would share my foxhole and give my life for you if needed. Friends are special to me!!
Thank you for your replies!
Gary!!
PS this is totally wrong! When I have comments about the forums I send Janet a PM. Yes I try hard to get members to join both forums, but I'll stop doing that immediately. There are some help forums where I'm not welcome. Some my fault, some because of big EGO's The below quote is totally wrong. I have learned in my 77 years that you can't fight city hall and never disagree with any staff member or you won't be around very long, but you are totally wrong about this!!
I'm not going to go and list everything you've done as if it's a fault or something to improve on. but honestly my impression of you is that you don't really want to fit into this forum, you want this forum to fit you.

Last edited:
There are some help forums where I'm not welcome. Some my fault, some because of big EGO's

You keep mentioning admin/mod teams having the big egos but honestly part of the issue is yours.

"Look at the friends I have"
"Look, my post made google"
"Look at all the activity since I started"
"How many new members since I Joined"

Those are not the statements of a humble, non-egotistical person.

Hi celegrom! You are totally right about me. I'm a terrible member.The forum has grown in the two months I've been here, but I'm not taking any credit for that. I'm just happy for the owners; Janet and Andy, and I hope it grows much larger.
I seem to get along just fine with all the members here and on Techist, and I don't get off topic any more then other members.
Thanks for your kind words and understandings.
Gary!!
PS you can lock this thread like the others that were locked, because I'll not comment further to any more hurtful replies.

To be honest, I don't use the friend's list almost at all. I have two friends on there and in all the time I been a member on this forum...I have never sent David Lindon and friends request. I have that I concider friends on here but have never sent them friend requests.

To be honest, I don't use the friend's list almost at all. I have two friends on there and in all the time I been a member on this forum...I have never sent David Lindon and friends request. I have that I concider friends on here but have never sent them friend requests.
Hi mixx! Thanks for your reply. I'm not saying everyone should use the friends list. I'm just a friendly guy. My favorite saying is I'm to windy, To friendly and get off topic to often. I'm a little senile also!
I sent you a friend request, but I understand if you don't except and have no problem with that. I do consider you to be a friend however!
Gary!

Franky I don't give a big xxxx any more. I have tried my best to make a hand here. I love this forum, but it seems that every thing I do is wrong and I'm really tired of fighting the establishment. I really hope that the merger is a success. Janet and Andy seem like good people and I wishing them the very best. I have tried my best to get members to register on both the forums and get to know each other. Probably been to pushy and for that, I'm very sorry. I really meant well and I'm sorry if that offended members on both forums. I'm just a old country boy that loves people and I wear my heart on my sleeve. What you see is what you get. I have tried my damn est to make a hand here, but I'm really tired of trying and at this point I don't give a big XXXX. I look at the members who find fault with me. They have 3 friends. I have 16!
I'm thinking help forums are not my thing. I take things that are said to seriously. That's just the way I am. I know I'll feel differently tomorrow, but tonight your negative comments have really put me in the dumps.
If you think I'm looking for sympathy; you are very badly mistaken.
The facts are, I'm really XXXXXX. I'm a 11 year cancer survivor and unless you have been there, you don't really know how very much about life, and that give up is not in our vocabulary. I have faced death and I won. I'm not giving up my friends. I'm just pXXXEXX off! I was hoping this forum was different. I still believe it is different, but the cards are still out.
Now I'll chill out. I've had my rant!:hide:
Gary!
There are people here that will protect you. I even sent you a message thanking you for your attempts at helping. Please dont do this here.
EDIT
If anyone is truly bothering you, you can send a message to anyone labled under "Site Team". You can also send a message to those of us that care about you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom