Does anyone study selfe defence?

Yep, my 40 will do that very quickly. :D
When I was studying over in Korea I would occasionally have people tell me how they would shoot me with their gun before I could get close enough to them. I would immediately grab them and put them in a choke hold and point out that their gun was 9,000 miles away, how would it help them now?

Another favorite was someone who would tell me that either they or their brother, cousin, sister, mother, grandmother, etc... was a Golden Gloves champ. I'd take them over to the barracks door which had a hydraulic closer on it and tell them to punch the door with their best punch. The best of them could punch the door open 6-8 inches. I would then kick the door which would slam wide open then slam shut again. I'd then ask, "Any questions?"

What Seti is saying about the fancy kicks and screaming and waving of the arms is somewhat true. I remember one guy who tried to learn Kung Fu from a book he had. One day he came up to me and made all of these fancy arm movements and "Awww" sounds then struck a pose of some sort and announced, "Kung Fu Praying Dragon" (or something similar). The next thing he knew he was flat on his back with me standing over him. I announced, "Tae Kwon Do foot sweep" and walked away.

When I was studying over in Korea I would occasionally have people tell me how they would shoot me with their gun before I could get close enough to them. I would immediately grab them and put them in a choke hold and point out that their gun was 9,000 miles away, how would it help them now?
9000 Miles? This is a joke right?

Sorry, it's more like 7,000 miles. (S. Korea to East coast of US). Regardless of the actual miles, their gun was nowhere near them.
I am sorry to have not answered the rest of your post...
I cannot stand people whom claim to do somthing that they cant. I normally keep my mouth shut, but its not easy. One person that I met clamed that he could knock me out using only his energy. After a few mins of trying, that person gave up saying "its not the right environment". LOL I know chi exists, but come on... :whistling:

It was a response to Smart Guy's comment about 40 arms and legs.
I personally would not hesitate to use a gun, PROVIDED, it was an absolute last resort. I prefer the personal touch myself.

Did you get my PM by the way?

Never studied anything myself, though I do wish I'd done it when I was younger! It'd be interesting to see which art would actually be most effective in a street fight, I'd have guessed something like jujitsu as you'd probably end up humiliating the guy coming at you lol

Back
Top Bottom