Random Chit Chat

Hey SG! Yes it's a Toshiba laptop. It's going on 4 years old. L775D-S7222.
It's been a decent PC. I live in a small retirement cottage and have limited space.
A lap top is all I need for what I do. I keep it tuned up and well maintained.
I think you're going to suggest heat problems. Actually it runs very cool.

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 4
I actually think temperature is okay.

I asked cuz the similar problem I had was on a desktop when I turned it on and the A/C in my room at the same time. Restarting solves it. Dunno what's going on, but it seems like a power problem. But with laptops I think it is different.

That would be a pretty good clue that the battery is dying. As the battery age it loses amperage. The PSU is not strong enough to provide the amperage so the battery provides it. The power comes from that.

Hi BK! I think my battery is in good shape, but I'll give your link a look.
I've always had the icon problem not showing up on a restart. I just restart a second time and then they show up, so it's really more of a aggravation than a problem! Toshiba says my battery is in good shape! It's only the icons by the clock. Usually it's just a couple. Most of the time it's the security icons
Thanks BK!
PS The title of this thread is Random Chit Chat, so I would think there isn't any off topic. What ever! I'm just replying to members with suggestions!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Donetao - When the icons don't show up on the task bar, do you ever expand the System Tray (click on the tiny UP arrowhead in the System Tray) to see if they are there? It might be that the system sometimes puts them there instead.

Back
Top Bottom