Random Chit Chat

Sleepless night... 4am and haven't come close to sleeping a wink. It's funny because around 1 am I saw a TV commercial for people who can't sleep because their mind is still working too fast lol. Darned jinx! :p

That sucks, doesn't it?

Wait until you get older. At this point in my life my sleep pattern is all screwed up. Some nights I can't stay awake past 9:00pm but then wake up at midnight and can't go back to sleep. Other nights I lay awake in bed, tired, but can't drift off. One day last week I didn't sleep at all.

Lay off the caffeine and products that have it in them like sodas. If you drink these then make your last one about 2 to 3 hours before bed time. This gives your body time to flush it out.

Personal problems are a real sleep killer. I have a mental file cabinet that I toss things in to and come back to them later when I get up.
Not every one can do that and it's a discipline that took years to make work.

The end result is I sleep when my mind and body say they need a break. I wake up refreshed and hungry like a bear.

I don't drink pop of any kind, and only drink coffee at work, or on occasions now. i've cut most of that out. I do have so many many many personal problems that have come up in the last 2 days that my heart is racing all day and night and maybe that's why I can't get any sleep. Damn it.

Hi NikonGuy! Have you given any thought about seeking help from a doctor?
I'm sure they could recommend a mild prescription that would not be habit forming and would help you with this problem.
While doing chemo 11 years ago I used a prescription to help me sleep. I now use a couple of bourbons at bed time. If you have a problem using alcohol, then try the sleep prescription prescribed by a doctor!
Gary!

Hey Old man! What's up?? No just two fingers 2 or three times with water. Not the whole bottle. LOL
Yes I sleep well!! LOL. I have the pills but I trust the bourbon
Z

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom