My Fiance got a job!!!

Hi Cynthia! i wish you well on your new job. Keep Jerry straightened out for me!
Gary!!
She already does... wait :lol:

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Can't beat that. A job near by and a decent wage. :thumb:
Agreed. And she knows her auto parts (better than most of us), so she will move up quickly. I see huge advancements after the first year or so.

Ah auto parts. Ask her if they stock blinker fluids and muffler bearings. :D

Don't mind me, I'm a retired mechanic. :angel:

Enough to push 'em off the cliff. :D

No really, what'd you need to know?

I had/have a drain leak, as in something is slowly draining the battery. I already had the new alternator and battery tested and alls fine. So my question would be, do you know of any common power leaks these cars have? My power locks were kind of funky, and it seemed that they might have been pulling power, so I took the power lock fuse out 2 days ago and so far so good, but I won't know for a while if that did the trick because it was a slow drain.

It may be your power locks so time will tell. I think the real problem is the wire that had been rubbed raw and touching the metal. Look at the harness coming from the door to the cowl. The power source wire are usually thicker than the others in the bundle.

Also careful about pulling fuses. Some are consolidated. For example, on my friend's car someone pulled the heater fuse to replace a blown fuse. After that the car wouldn't start and the guy walked off on her. She called me and told me what happened so I put in a new fuse that was removed and she's back on the road.

The guy's an idiot, he thought he messed up the car but that fuse was also a fuel pump relay fuse. If he'd just replaced the blown fuse with a new one none of this would have happened.

Back
Top Bottom