Hi, I'm softailgarage

softailgarage

Solid State Member
But you can call me....softailgarage. I'm yer basic Harley riding , garage type guy. I'm no computer genius however, I can do some minor repairs/ install. I'm the guy everyone in the auto repair center would come to for computer help, so I do have a little "geek" in me (just don't tell anyone). Being in my mid 50's and really old school, I denied the existance of computers for as long as I could. 6 years ago I gave up & decided computers couldn't be avoided and instead of fighting I joined. Every night for 8 months I would come home from work, go straight to the computer and read. I would read everything and anything that had to do with computers and read and read and read, getting about 4 hours of sleep a night. I would go to the Frys and Best Buy ads, study them and look up products and how they worked. Soon I knew enough to get me in trouble. Now , if I could only learn code, I could get out of automotive and make some real money :D

Hello and Welcome to CF, nice to have you on board with us....:cool:

Also there is no need to feel guilty about being a computer geek, I am proud to be one.

I'm the only one in my family who knows anything about computers. My sister always comes to me when she needs help with her puter.

Last edited:
LOL, no, I don't feel guilty about being a computer geek. It's a good feeling knowing your the only one people call when there's a problem and believe it or not I actually enjoy working on computers. I know some guys feel like it's a PIA, but not me. Thanks for having me on the forum.

Welcome aboard softail. :)

I'm a retired mechanic and a geek too. Can't win 'em all. :D

Welcome aboard :D

Um, any shorter version of you name I can use?

Well, people that know me call me a&$*$#e, lol. The guys over at garagejournal.com just say softail (its the model Harley Davidson I ride, Softail Deluxe)
Thanks again guys, so far this site has been very productive for me.

Welcome softailgarage! If you want to learn programming, this is another place to go, but you are going to have to define that.

LOL @Smart_Guy,
I would call that mean if you where a mean guy! :)

Back
Top Bottom