How help forums grow IMHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Banned
Hi I'm no stranger to help forums. IMHO the way a help forum grows is by having great answers to PC problems. These get picked up by Google.
If Google thinks your answer is good, you get top billing and your thread will be in the top 10 answers. I don't see any robots on this forum?? They can help advertise a forum!! Another good thing is to have a name that people will Google. Computerforum is a good name IMHO;). If you have good answers and are user friendly, the forum will grow. If you look around, you will see that all the help forums are down on activity. I don't know why except W7 is more stable. We'll have to wait and see if W10 can do the same, once the bugs are out.:whistling:What do you think makes a forum grow??
Gary!
Here Computerforums got second billing! That's pretty good!

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Gary, not to be rude but we knew this for a long time already. This forum has been around for a very long time, and was once quite busy. We cannot give answers to questions that are not asked by actual people on the forum. As you see when someone does ask a question it's answered pretty quickly. Part of the reason we've gotten slower is because since the time this forum started, the internet has grown and there are other much larger forums who have taken many members from older sites such as this one. You could say it's the Internets way of evolving. This forum to me, can be a great help but it's also just a place to hang out with the guys.

Hi I'm just saying if you check out the so called larger forums there isn't near the action there use to be on them either. I have no problem with the merger, but I don't expect that much more action after the merger is complete. I hope I'm proven wrong.
I prefer the smaller forums and I don't think I'm the only one. I have been on larger forums and the members get lost in the mass. I don't see that many new members posting on either forum.
Yes it's a great place to hang out; you won't find this friendly atmosphere on the big forums. What will be, will be and I'll hang around to see how things work out
You said we knew this for a long time already. It says you joined in Feb 2015.
I post on both forums, but my favorite is CF. I wish the best for Andy and his crew. I'm sure they have given this a lot of thought! I have been allowed to be myself here. That's the first time that has ever happened. I'm spoiled but that may change and I'll then I'll have to change my ways. I'm to windy, to friendly, and I love people. They love me back. I have made several new friends here. It takes me all morning just to read the new posts on both forums. When I first joined it wasn't that way. That's why I think both forums are growing. There have been 100+ new members register sense I registered. Don't know what is expected, but I think that's pretty good. These are just my thoughts!!
Gary

Hi Would it be possible to find out how many new members have registered sense July 2015. That's how long I've been a member here on CF. I'm seeing growth, and I've seen more activity lately. Will we grow faster by merging. I guess we'll find out.
PS I have also seeing CF members posting on Techist lately and that's good!!
I haven't seen Techist members posting here however. Trotter posts here. Not sure who else from Techist post here. If we're going to be a big happy family, might as well start now!! See how well we get along!! LOL. Do we have any Techist members posting here on CF?? Just curious!!
Gary!!

Last edited:
Hi Would it be possible to find out how many new members have registered sense July 2015. That's how long I've been a member here on CF. I'm seeing growth, and I've seen more activity lately. Will we grow faster by merging. I guess we'll find out.
PS I have also seeing CF members posting on Techist lately and that's good!!
I haven't seen Techist members posting here however. Trotter posts here. Not sure who else from Techist post here. If we're going to be a big happy family, might as well start now!! See how well we get along!! LOL. Do we have any Techist members posting here on CF?? Just curious!!
Gary!!

Oy Vey... And I'm willing to bet real money you want full credit for all those new members. Now I understand fully why you get tossed out of forums.

Would the admins please give me a perm ban? This place has gone to the dogs.

Wow! I sure didn't expect this. I really don't know how to reply. My goal is to learn and help here on CF. I'm not seeking any credit. I'm just happy the forum seems to be growing. It makes me very sad that you think these things about me. I doubt very much if I had any thing to do with new members; but if I played a small part, then that makes me very happy. I know that some members followed me here from other forums, but that is only 3 or 4! I did not come here to cause this kind of problem. This makes me very sad that this has happened!
What can I do to??
Gary!

Hi! I'm very sorry that this has happened. I don't need a break Bill. I just need to know what caused this!! I can't apologize unless I know where I offended.
I'm truly sorry for any toes I steeped on. This makes me very sad to night! I'm just trying to get Techist and CF to be one big happy family.I have no desire to be on staff. In fact I would turn any offers down. I'm perfectly happy just being a member here! I have no desire to be on staff.
Good night. I hope this is just a bad dream!
Gary!!

Hi! I'm very sorry that this has happened. I don't need a break Bill. I just need to know what caused this!! I can't apologize unless I know where I offended.
I'm truly sorry for any toes I steeped on. This makes me very sad to night! I'm just trying to get Techist and CF to be one big happy family.I have no desire to be on staff. In fact I would turn any offers down. I'm perfectly happy just being a member here! I have no desire to be on staff.
Good night. I hope this is just a bad dream!
Gary!!

Don't worry that's Seti being Seti. He'll be back don't worry..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom