Clear History?

Hi! I'm not going to argue about these dang PUP's any more. Certainly if your a smart PC user you can probably avoid PUP's. My MBAM premium stops them and quarantines them. They didn't use to be around and greedy down load sites like CNET cause my seniors here at Golden Oaks a lot of grief, but they are learning in this world today that you can't trust any one. It's a sad world and it gets sadder every day. The world is going to Hell and I have seen the best of times and I feel sorry for my grand kids future. I'm done ranting about PUP's . They are out there and it's a dang shame. You can make all the excuses for CNET you want, but I don't think that crap is necessary!
Gary!
https://blog.malwarebytes.org/malvertising-2/2014/07/pups-are-persistent/
I have attached several warning and ways to detect PUP's. If you want to keep arguing about how wonderful CNET is, be my guest!

Last edited:
The last time time I was at Cnet which was long ago I saw a bunch of download buttons on a page that I took a closer look. They made one prominent that the users were most likely to click on and you know what that is now.

Cnet became another POS site to avoid.

Maybe young'uns have no respect for oldies like me and Celery. I hope that was a joke joe. I personally was offended. I have tried to help guests and members become aware of down load sites like CNET. You have constantly posted how smart you are about avoiding them and how dumb I am not knowing how. This is my last comment about this subject!
Gary!

No one here is being disrespectful of you Gary. Just because we don't see things your way doesn't mean we're wrong. It just means we are of a different opinion.

Last edited:
Maybe young'uns have no respect for oldies like me and Celery. I hope that was a joke joe. I personally was offended. I have tried to help guests and members become aware of down load sites like CNET. You have constantly posted how smart you are about avoiding them and how dumb I am not knowing how. This is my last comment about this subject!
Gary!

Please accept my apology Gary, it was not meant to be serious or offensive, just a joke (in poor taste).

N/P Joe!! I hate those PUP's. My seniors get them all the time. PUP's change their home page and give them pop- ups. They are learning. The worst one is the ASK tool bar. I removed it 4 times on one PC. I get really upset when anyone stands up for CNET. They use to be my go to down load site. No more!! Celery and myself are the old farts here on CF and we stick up for each other. LOL
Gary!!

Back
Top Bottom