Site Merger with Techist

Cynthia created an account on there to find out who this other Draygoes is. Its ME from 2008!!! WOW!
Anyway, I had a different email account back then, and it is now gone so I need to figure out what password I used at the time was.

Yay! Problem solved!

Wow, that is so strange!!! I still cannot believe it lol

You've got PM.

I love the term brain fart, I don't use it at work though ;p

It's always interesting to read over your own old posts on a forum, it's amazing how quickly we change the way we post, especially over a period of years...

I don't have brain farts. I have train wrecks.
"My train of thought derailed. They were no survivors..."

Yeah... me too!

back in the spring I hoped it'd be delayed a little so I could have been a mod here for a full decade... but it's long past that now!

Hi! My thoughts!! I really don't see what the merger will accomplish. It will bring two forums together and make one large forum. All though the forums are similar, there is a difference between the personalities of the members. That's not a bad thing. You may be a big dog here, but maybe not so big after the merger. I have no trouble clicking back and forth and being a member on both forums. Even after this merger was announced in the spring very few members here have registered on Techist and posted there. I personally like this forum. We are a close bunch that get along good and work as a team to help members with problems. We also have some fun threads where we can share fun things. It seems strange to me that more members here don't not post on Techist and members there don't on CF.
Why aren't you posting on both forums now. Why wait until the merger. My final thought. You big dogs here might find out you're not a big dog after the merger.
I really hope things go smooth and it's a big success for the owners. The owners are great people and if a merger is what they decide, I'll try my best to make it work!!
Gary!
PS that's my 2 cents!!

I do agree that it'd be nice if members on both sides would be eager to say hi on the other forums and to see what's going on! Indeed guys like Trotter are registered here and I know a few others (including yourself!) have registered there.

I think the problem is, as a small forum you don't tend to attract new members, and over time you slowly start losing members due to other commitments etc, one day you log onto the forum and think "we haven't seen so and so for a while..." As a bigger forum you tend to attract more people into the place due to the content being posted and advice being sought after. I think in order to grow as a community, the two forums have a better chance as one. I just hope that through the merger we don't lose any members from both sides.

Remember, the idea was that computerforums and tech-forums would be merging into one community called Techist. The timeframes are obviously a bit different, but the forum "Techist" is actually set up as part of a change to bring both communities together under a new name. Shame it wasn't done closer to the merger, as if you don't know this fact, it appears to you that techist is "eating" computerforums!

Hi joe! The decision is not mine to make. I'm sure a lot of thought has been, and is still being put into this. I'm also sure it's not easy. My thinking is that they are taking their time so they get it right. I have been a member here a short time and I have seen both forums grow. I have been around the block a couple of times and there is no telling how many help forums I have registered on. Some I'm no longer welcome for reasons that were my fault and some simply because I disagreed with staff. I 'm not welcome on one because I was warned about posting"Google is my friend" How stupid is that?? Big forums are less personal and big is not always better. Help forums have to have income and I'm sure the bigger the forum, the more advertisers and the more dollars. Better for the owners, but not always for the members that have their friends on one forum and get lost in a merger. I guarantee you that there will be members on both forums leave for one reason or another.
As I have said, I hope it works and I'm going to try my best to help make it work.
I have felt welcomed on both forums. Both of these forums are what help forums should be about. Working together with out the big EGO's that seem to be on every help forum I have ever been a part of. I just haven't seen those big EGO's here on either forum and that's why I hang around!
Gary!!

Back
Top Bottom