New computer decision

brunel

Beta member
Hi, I am looking to buy a new computer to replace my laptop, a 3 year old Compaq Presario CQ58. Its struggling quite a bit, especially playing YouTube videos. I have between £300 - £350 to spend. I see you can buy all in one PCs now, are they any good? I saw one the other day called the Lenovo C360. Has anybody had any experience with it? My other option is to buy another laptop. I should mention that I use my current laptop like a desktop PC in that it doesn't move anywhere.

I hope someone can offer some advice.

That don't look like too much an improvement over your laptop. At that price you can get a complete desktop that's much better if you shop around on Newegg or Amazon.

Even a 10 year old XP computer can watch YouTube videos without lag. I believe your problem is more software based. Do a fresh install, and watch your PC become faster.

As for the all in one PC's, it's all preference. They are alright, but they are not expandable and is less upgradeable than a desktop.
Even the monitor can't be upgraded because it's a part of the computer. So when you buy anew PC, you also need to buy a new monitor. They are also not that popular, so manufactures don't make that many models. that makes it harder to find exactly the one that fits your needs at a good price.

However they look good, don't require as much space and you are eliminating some cable mess.
So if that's what you want, go for it.

Last edited:
I would recommend backing up your data/information and running a factory recovery on the laptop. From there you can decide whether you still want a new PC or whether it's fast enough once it's been cleaned down again! :)

Back
Top Bottom