What is the best way to save pictures in a lossless format?

alucard10

Baseband Member
What is the best way to save pictures in a lossless format?

When I right click and "save image as" the part that says "save as type" only gives two options "JPG file [.jpg]" and "all files".

Do I have to use irfanview or something to save the images as PNG or BMP bit map?

P.S.
what is the best lossless image format PNG, BMP bitmap or something else?

I want to be able to re copy all my photos and pictures on flash drives over the years without worrying about loss.

Hello, there are quite a few options to save pictures such as saving them to an external hard drive...or saving them to a flash drive...or saving them to cd's/dvd's.

I have all my photo's saved to a 16 Gig flash drive. I'm not sure what is the best to keep them the longest, but I'm sure if you keep them on a flash drive and keep it away from a magnetic source you should be good to go.

And if you ever want to print them, all you have to do is go to a Walgreen's or Walmart and plug in your flash drive and your all set. Hope this helps. Also all my pictures I have are all saved in .jpeg form.

I'm surprised that it doesn't give you the PNG/BMP option. What program are you using?

I have a way though, since I don't have a printer I use the Windows Screen Capture (print screen key) and paste it in Paint. Then I can use several types to save as. Only drawback is that it snapshot the whole screen.

Or try this, right click the picture, copy and paste it to Paint then save as.

It sounds like you're right clicking a picture on the internet and asking the browser to save it. In this case the browser can only save the picture in the format it's currently in, for example, Celery's avatar is .jpg, so I can only download it as a .jpg file. If I download it to my PC though I can then convert it to another format.

Never had a problem. I just take mine out providing the led isn't flashing to say it is saving something or transferring something. I have done that for years and years and years and years and never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom