How to use a windows feature??

Donetao, the thing to remember about Remote Desktop Connection is that you can only connect to a system that can act as a RDC server. For instance you can use a Win 7 Home computer as a client to connect to a Win 7 Pro computer (RDC server) but the Win 7 Pro cannot connect as a client to the Win 7 Home computer because it cannot act as a RDC server.

From MS:
Which PCs can I connect to using Remote Desktop Connection? You can use a PC running any edition of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, or a PC running Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1 to initiate a connection. But the remote PC must be running one of these Windows operating systems:

• Windows 8.1 Pro
  • Windows 8.1 Enterprise
  • Windows 8 Enterprise
  • Windows 8 Pro
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • Windows 7 Enterprise
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Business
  • Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Enterprise
  • Windows XP Professional

Hi strollin! Thanks for your reply. I'll have to give this some thought. I'm not familiar with this feature and this is the first time I have heard about this windows feature.
I still have a lot to learn and I'm going to check all this out in the future.
Gary!!

Hi Here's the deal! I have a W7 PC set up in the library for the seniors to use here at Golden Oaks. I was using Team Viewer to take control of that PC. I decided that was to much of a hassle. Would this work better, the same, or not work??
Just like to learn these new things!
Thanks!
Gary!

Remote Desktop Connection works a little differently, Remote Assistance and TeamViewer essentiially take control of the screen and you can have a user sitting there watching what you're doing. Remote Desktop Connection is like you're logging into the PC from somewhere else, so as such, people can't log on to the PC and do anything or see the screen while you're connected. Just depends what you want to do with it!

Hi Here's the deal! I have a W7 PC set up in the library for the seniors to use here at Golden Oaks. I was using Team Viewer to take control of that PC. I decided that was to much of a hassle. Would this work better, the same, or not work??
Just like to learn these new things!
Thanks!
Gary!
Which version of Win 7 is the library computer running? If it is running Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise, then you can use RDC to connect to it. If it's running Win 7 Home then you'll need to keep using TeamViewer.

Hi! Ok I think I have it! I'm assuming RDC is this windows feature. You guys and your short cuts to describe things keep me Googling all the time.
OH well ! It's another W7 feature that I forgot and needed to be put here!
Thanks everyone!
Gary!!
PS there's also Windows remote assistance, which I think is the same as team viewer!!
Connect to another computer using Remote Desktop Connection - Windows Help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-help-windows-remote-assistance#1TC=windows-7

Attachments

• Capture48.jpg
    Capture48.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
RDC - Remote Desktop Connection which is the feature we have been talking about.

Yes, Remote Assistance is similar to TeamViewer but TeamViewer has more capabilities. When I wish to help someone remotely, my preference is to use TeamViweer.

Back
Top Bottom