can't access website from inside network

gib88

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm hosting a website (www.mm-theory.com) out of my home. I am able to get to my website from outside my home network but not inside. I'm wondering if someone can help me troubleshoot this.

I'm told that possibly the problem is that my router doesn't have "reflection" enabled, but I'm not 100% sure what that is or how to enable it.

This could be difficult to troubleshoot without more info about your home network. What model of router are you using, and how do you have it configured? I assume you can reach the webserver via local ip address. Can you not reach it from the domain name, global IP, or both?

This could be difficult to troubleshoot without more info about your home network. What model of router are you using, and how do you have it configured? I assume you can reach the webserver via local ip address. Can you not reach it from the domain name, global IP, or both?

It's a Telus Actiontech V1000H.

I can reach the server via internal IP but not by external nor by domain name.

That doesn't actually surprise me. Many firewalls block internal traffic that has to go out only to come right back in. It doesn't make sense so it thinks it's an attack. You can try this out by disabling your firewall and any other filters on the router to see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom