Win 8.1

NikonGuy

In Runtime
Well, everyone's talking about win10. I think we need a break from that subject, and so lets talk about win 8.1.

I STILL hate it! I've tried all the updates and it's still buggy as hell. I have lost all faith in Microsoft. And if I didn't dislike apple for selling a name instead of a product, i'd switch to mac. We have 3 laptops with win 8.1, and 3 desktops with win 7. Win 7 has never caused any problems ( ever ) and has always been fast. All 3 of our laptops with win 8.1, are buggy and we plain out hate them. Not just 1 computer with problems, but all 3. And to me, that's a sign never to get anything windows 8 again. For years win 7 has been flawless for us. I see no need to change that :)

My Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10 computers all run fine with no issues. What specific bugs have you encountered on your Win 8 computers?

Win8/8.1 never had any problems with me. I used it for only one day after all, and on a virtual machine :p

Rule of the thumb (dunno what that means, but it sounds cool!) is to not upgrade before the new OS gets enough updates and experiments. Win10 was an exception because it is an updated and enhanced Win8.1 which had enough experiments and criticism already. Oh, and because it's free for me :D

Even when I was using Windows 8 I didn't resort to installing a 3rd party start menu. It didn't really bother be much. Pressing the windows key and going to start screen and typing what I needed was good enough.

Well all ya'll are crazy! Lol just kidding.

It's a personal preference. I've been on win 8 for over a year, I'm actually on my win 8 laptop right now. I don't like the interface, ( style ) I just don't like any of it. Strollin the bugs I have are hard to explain because I know there are names for what's happening but not knowing the name explaining it is really hard lol. Anyway, I haven't found even one feature in win 8, that I actually like. Win 7 is still perfect for me.

Hi NikonGuy! I'm with you! W7 is perfect for me. I skipped W8 and I may skip W10. At least for now!! Actually I tried W10 and rolled back to W7.
Are we having fun yet?? LOL
Gary!!

And if I didn't dislike apple for selling a name instead of a product, i'd switch to mac.

My opinion on Apple products might put me in a minority here, but I'm an avid PC guy and I don't hate them. I feel that their products are perfect for the demographic they are targeted at. They aren't targeted at us power users, they are for the casual user for wants a simplified experience. They want things to "just work" without really knowing how they work. Sure, you pay a premium for this. But remember, you're not paying just for the hardware, you're paying for the experience. On occasion I will recommend an Apple product to a friend, because while it comes at a price, I know they will be happier with their purchase than if they purchased a PC.

Similarly, I'm not a car guy. I want my car to be nice and get me places. So I pay a premium at the mechanic. Maybe he's doing a service for me that seems dead simple to other mechanics, but he's saved me the time and energy I would have spent on trying to fix it myself. (Though I do often try to fix my car myself, but for the sake of the analogy here...)

Back
Top Bottom