Don't want w10

It's pretty close to a clean install but not quite. A reset will reset the OS back to "factory new" including any bloatware that came with the computer whereas a clean install involves formatting the drive and installing just the bare OS.

Hi strollin I have a copy of W10 on two DVD's and one on flash. I also created a image of W10 before rolling back to windows. I can use Macrium to roll up to W10 and then roll back when I want. I love my Macrium!! I have done that and and it works.. While I had the upgraded W10, I really didn't see that much wrong. I however didn't see any big improvement over my W7, so Being very happy with W7, I rolled it back. Some day in the future I may upgrade and do a fresh install, but in the mean time I'm very happy with what I have.
PS I mentioned Macrium on Techist. No feed back yet. So far I'm staying out of trouble on Techist(I Think lol)
Gary!!

I've been reading in some cases the restore to factory doesn't appear in the programs list in the start menu. I don't know about others but mine has a trigger in the partition that stores the factory restore files. I would not like to have to resort to doing a factory restore because I don't have the ESET key any more. I would have to pay for another contract with ESET and start over with it. My M$ Office stuff I have reinstalled several times. As long as I'm logged in at M$ I have access to the installer.

Except the government has openly admitted that the NSA spying ( data taken from microsoft etc )has not stopped or helped find a single terrorist. Also the data is kept permanently, not for 2 years. It is also used to create a profile of you, that can be used against you for any reason in say 10 years. I don't know how different the Aussie government is, but the American government will always tell us what they CAN do. People by ignorance assume that when the government says " we can only do this " that that is what they will do. But what actually happens is they tell us what they are allowed to do, and then without telling us they do a lot more than they are allowed. THey have grown to be MUCH more powerful than they ever should have, and even our founding fathers said they should never have close to the kind of power that they do. As with darkseeker, he is in the UK but it's the same situation. Our government cannot be trusted. If they lie about a couple things, who says they aren't lying with everything.

Umm not to be rude but did you read my post. I was talking about my own country. Here in Australia we don't take thinks like the NSA getting personal and get all mega concerned about it.

I've been reading in some cases the restore to factory doesn't appear in the programs list in the start menu. I don't know about others but mine has a trigger in the partition that stores the factory restore files. I would not like to have to resort to doing a factory restore because I don't have the ESET key any more. I would have to pay for another contract with ESET and start over with it. My M$ Office stuff I have reinstalled several times. As long as I'm logged in at M$ I have access to the installer.

I've had a bit of trouble with MS Office. I got onto their live chat and the technician opened a remote desktop session and I think they set it to run in compatibility with Windows 7 which is working seamlessly now.

Mine is. It's listed in the folders under the windows programs. One of those links in the menu so you can find it easily. You have to go through a couple of folders to get to it.

I screwed up setting my multi-monitor setup (1 smart TV and 3 spanned monitors) and got blank screens. Tried system restore which got things to show but broke the system. Restored a fully configured system image I made like 20 days ago after the upgrade and things are now back to normal :D

Windows 10 decided to make main monitor go a bit dim and couldn't click on icons on the desktop. After I rebooted it was good except that Windows decided to try and set the resolution to 1440p instead of 1080p when the monitor could only do 1080p..

I honestly like windows 10 but the only thing I don't like about it is the fact it doesn't show you the time on your second screen, other than that I think you should give it a go :)

Sent from my DAGGER DG550 using Computer Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom