Motherboard Help

I'll agree with ya there Seti, Those ole HP Core 2 Duo based systems are still alright and can get the job the done. They aren't a bad system.

I do this for a living and am bored with the blown out slim lines and the peoples faces when I tell them that a part in a normal tower might be $50 but theirs is $120 and the worst part about that experience is you can't buy a better one so you know it is going to blow out all over again way before it should.

Yeah but for a ready to run system at 129 at NewEgg, if you smoke a part it's cheaper to rip out the HD and get a new one.

Sorry Rich, I meant if the box dies, just take out the hard drive and get another box. I have to agree the power brick is kinda expensive but it's a 19 volt power brick and as long as a brick can supply the amps, a cheaper one for a laptop should work.

The last one I bought here a few months back was a laptop in a can. It was powered by a 19volt (rather large) laptop type power brick. If that one takes a dump you could use a laptop power brick provided the plug was the right polarity and had the amp capacity.

They may cost less or more than the brick that came with it. But if you shop around I bet you could find the same specs as the OEM for a lot less money. As for the tower types the hard part would be finding a replacement PSU that fit the box.

There comes a break point I'm sure you're aware of, that says: It will be cheaper to replace than it would be to repair.

Back
Top Bottom