Clear History?

This reminds me of a friend who didn't know how to read or write very well. It was when we started Windows and during the W3.11 days I got a call from my friend that his computer quit working. I asked him what he did and he said he clicked on a command and that was it.

What command was it and he spelled it out.

F-O-R-M-A-T. :lol:

You should learn how to do things properly instead of relying on a backup to cover your gazootenblatz. If you're not sure what something does, then don't touch it and come ask some one or look it up on Google.

A clone or image is something akin to using combofix. It's considered a last resort. This reminds me of the 350QX quad operators. They use the Return to Home feature instead of learning how to get back to the take off point and landing the craft under their control. Instead they flip a switch and the auto pilot takes over. And they wonder why it flies off or crashes.

I'm going to disagree big time! Only a fool would use his EGO for a excuse not create a back up image and use it when it was needed. XXXX happens to the Geek just like it does to the newbie. Your statement above is the silliest thing I have ever see posted here in my short time as a member here on CF. There is no comparison to a back up image of your OS and Combofix
Did you not just down load Macrium Reflect?? Come on seti!! Really!!

It's not my ego, Gary. When my ego is typing you'll know it. Trust me. And that doesn't happen too often.
What I am trying to say is having a back up like you have makes you comfortable with making mistakes that lead to having to use your backup. In the case of w10 it's insurance so you can get back to where you were. But if you're just playing around with let's say your services and you ying when you should have yang, would you be able to recover with a little time and effort or do you just say the heck with it and run the backup? If you spend the time and effort trying to recover, then you have learned something you didn't know an hour before that. Plying the backup on with out trying has just wasted your time and you learn nothing.
That's what I'm saying.

I got the software just so I could have a look at it. I'm reserving judgment until I do a through investigation of it.

Last edited:
Hi seti! OK I hear what you're saying now, but your other reply was totally out in space.
I try very hard to fix my yings and yangs before using my image to recover, but there are times when it's just not worth the effort and that's when I use the image to fix all my screw ups. I don't use Macrium near as much as I use to. When My PC boots, I have the option to boot to W7 or boot to Macrium Recovery. That is very comforting, knowing I can choose a image and be back up and running just like the day I created that image. I have done that many times. I beats the Hell out of restoring to factory; although I have done that on occasions.
Thanks for your reply! There is a lot I still need to learn and I try to learn every day. These forums are a great place to learn! My problem now, is I forget about as much as I learn. LOL
Gary

I probably have the cleanest meanest Toshiba lap top in the world. I think I know every little quirk it has. The only way I know to make it cleaner and meaner would be to restore back to factory, and I'm just not in the mood for that. I have no fear of the registry and I have cleaned it manually with regedit and F3. I do respect the registry,but It does not bother me to go in and clean it manually when I feel the need to do so.
PS Would you believe that I use to be conceited?? Now I'm just convinced! LOL
Gary!
Good night friends! BB tomorrow!! This is a great forum!!

Yes I had two systems that were so messed up I had to reinstall Windows is what I am sayig. Personally I have always felt like MIcrosoft says about utilities that "if it isn't in Windows you probably don't need it!"

Yes I had two systems that were so messed up I had to reinstall Windows is what I am sayig. Personally I have always felt like MIcrosoft says about utilities that "if it isn't in Windows you probably don't need it!"

"If it ain't included, you don't need it". What a load of crap. Typical M$...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom