PSU or SSD

You have a point, one thing has entered my head though, for the tv and most of the stuff I have connected to it, I use a power tower which is surge protected, the pc is too far away, so it's just plugged into a four way plug, I'd there any real worry just using a standard four way plug?

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Computer Forums mobile app

Funny you should bring that up. I've been looking at Newegg for a surge strip with a 8 foot cord for my setup.
APC P11VT3 Surge Suppressor - Newegg.com
Right now I have a non surge strip plugged in to my UPS on the surge side for my printer, monitor, and stereo, while the computer is plugged in to the battery back up side.

In your case I'd use the UPS for the computer and get a good surge strip for the home entertainment goodies. You trying to be able to watch TV by candle light? :lol:

Funny you should bring that up. I've been looking at Newegg for a surge strip with a 8 foot cord for my setup.
APC P11VT3 Surge Suppressor - Newegg.com
Right now I have a non surge strip plugged in to my UPS on the surge side for my printer, monitor, and stereo, while the computer is plugged in to the battery back up side.

In your case I'd use the UPS for the computer and get a good surge strip for the home entertainment goodies. You trying to be able to watch TV by candle light? :lol:

I actually forgot I'd even asked this, I have a memory like a sieve, I'd not actually heard of a UPS before, it does look good, I'm very tempted, but a wee bit expensive, I think there would be a few upgrades for the computer I'd want before spending that much, I am tempted by a surge protector for now though

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

My power supply arrived today, I've just got it set up, I'm happy with the legnth of the wires, as now they're long enough to reach around the back of the motherboard and not being stretched over the graphics card. I also noticed that this had an 8 pin connector for the cpu, my old psu only had a 4 pin connector that I had to plug in in the middle of the 8 pin socket on the motherboard, will this make a difference?

Corsair used to be great quality but for the last several years they have been made by poor quality makers such as CWT so I would change it. Seasonic is considered by most as the best and XFX same way as it is made by Seasonic. Antec HCH, True Power Classic or Edge series also same story. Poor quality psus can work for a year or so and then they start to degrade and eventually take out you main components with them.

Luckily mine is the non "i" version.
But i still don't know why people keep saying that the only brand in the world that can make proper PSUs are seasonic. If it's not made by seansonic it's apparently automatically garbage. Is it really impossible for other brands to make a good solid PSU?

Last edited:
Enermax makes good quality psus as well as Seasonic. The problem with psus is the people who build. The will not flinch at paying $300 for a video card but want to pay $20 for a psu. With psus the quality is in the maker and the wattage means nothing at all unless the psu is quality. Delta no not much good but Silver Power are.

Back
Top Bottom